• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
news here in australia says that the police have arrested a man for the murder of bob woolmer.

cbuts

International Debutant
that rumour said that he was not a Jamacian national. THis rumour came out of Pakistan/India

But since then a report has come out of the WI saying htis is not true

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BBC saying Jamaican police have denied arrest of any man and they are not involved if such an arrest has taken place. Lots of rumours and conflicting reports flowing in various news channels as well..

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmmmm, GEO tv not doing much for their credibility? Also hearing reports that the Police have denied that they've made an arrest.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
When I heard of Bobs death I was shocked and suspicious. For the coach of Pakistan to pass away so suddenly after such a dramatic and suprising result, my first thought was he was met with foul play.

To hear that he was murdered is just sad. It is only a cricket game (I know some people take it very serious) but really if you want to blame someone, blame the players more then the coach. They are out on the field.

I read about autobiography, was he exposing people involved in match fixing? And pages were missing? IF he was good on him for trying to expose but pity it cost him his life.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, I suppose Sarfraz was right in this instance, at least to the extent that it is now confirmed that Woolmer was killed.

This is the most depressed I have ever been w.r.t cricket. :(

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Well, I suppose Sarfraz was right in this instance, at least to the extent that it is now confirmed that Woolmer was killed.

This is the most depressed I have ever been w.r.t cricket. :(
Me too. I feel sick in the guts. No game of cricket is worth a person's life. :sick:

PY

International Coach
Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Can't believe this could have happened because of a sport which is supposed to be played for entertainment, a very bad day for cricket.

Thoughts go to the Woolmer family, I can't imagine what this news will do to their states of mind. :(

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I just don't know what to say. it was bad enough when I thought it was a jock Stein style heart-attack..but this:@ I don't want to specualte but as the police seem to think there was no forced entry (and there seemed to be nothing stolen) we're dealing with a nut job fan or some people who wanted to shut him up. I don't want to add to speculation so I'll just ask: Is it true that after the game against Ireland fans in Pakistan were chanting "Death to Bob Woolmer"? If so I hope they are ashamed of themselves:@ One other point: I feel sorry for Ireland in all this. How long before someone says that game was dodgy? (I'm not going to speculate but I bet someone will).

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
How long before someone says that game was dodgy? (I'm not going to speculate but I bet someone will).
Plenty of people I have spoken with, seen written on other forums etc have already suggested the game was dodgy. Maybe there might be a history there, but Ireland got them on a green wicket and bowled and field well. The only dodgy thing that game out of it was that they lost, hence why I think a bookmakers has gone after Woolmer (speculation that the murder/s were bookmakers/involved with bookmakers).

Why the coach though? He wasn't on the pitch, he didn't have hardly any control as to what went on during the game. Why didnt they target the players? Or was it because of his book he was going to write.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
A friend of mine has just suggested that Woolmer was killed because he was about to expose some sort of match-fixing conspiracy. Seems to fit, although there's absolutely nothing substantial behind it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A friend of mine has just suggested that Woolmer was killed because he was about to expose some sort of match-fixing conspiracy. Seems to fit, although there's absolutely nothing substantial behind it.
Well that has been the primiary rumour since his death. Certainly plausable

Last edited: