• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1/2 way done with group B who will advance to the Super8's?

Which Pair will advance to the super 8's?

• Total voters

cricman

International 12th Man
India winning by 250+ runs now puts them at advantage I would say over Bangladesh in terms of NRR. Now If Bangladesh manages to defeat Sri Lanka, then the Lanka-India Clash would be a Knockout game.

But if Bangladesh plays a close game with Sri Lanka but lose, Sri Lanka overall NRR will drop and bring up a scenario where India and Bangladesh can both advance.

-India Thrashes Sri Lanka gets the NRR advantage on lanka, Bangladesh advance if they Thrash Bermuda Bangladesh and India Advance, if Bangladesh can't Thrash Bermuda then India and Sri Lanka would advance

-India beats Sri Lanka but lanka holds on to the NRR advantage, Bangladesh advances if they thrash Bermuda, Lanka and Bangladesh Advance, if Bangladesh can't then India would advance with Lanka

Of course Sri Lanka can Beat India and then Bangladesh would just stroll vs Bermuda

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am right in suggesting that....If SL defeat India and Bang beat Bermuda then India are out regardless ...right?

Nishant

International 12th Man
its actually quite tough..ill go for india and bangladesh....just go for the unexpected selection...it would be jokes if SL were out TBH! especially after how everyone thinks that thier place in the super eights is secured!

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
I think India will beat Sri Lanka and Bangladesh won't smash Bermuda, with the Bangers being eliminated. Anything is possible though and Bangladesh plays Bermuda last knowing what NRR they need!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Bangladesh were to beat Sri Lanka today, SL-Ind becomes a play-off for 2nd place.

If SL beat Ban, Ind then probably need to beat SL and that's it.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
If Bangladesh were to beat Sri Lanka today, SL-Ind becomes a play-off for 2nd place.

If SL beat Ban, Ind then probably need to beat SL and that's it.
..but then if Bangladesh beats Bermuda with better NRR?

Let's see how Banglas play v.s Lanka tommorow, their stakes have been raised after the 1st match

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Id still say India and SL...Bangladesh must not lose by a big margin today as I don't think they could score the runs against Bermuda that the other two have (of course if SL win on friday this is irrelevant)

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Man, what a close game. Bangla tigers had a bad day on the field else they would have beaten lanka in a jiffy

Nishant

International 12th Man
Man, what a close game. Bangla tigers had a bad day on the field else they would have beaten lanka in a jiffy
why couldnt they make those errors against india! Is that bad luck of india or should india and their fans (including me!) stop making these excuses and accept that their team played crap and would have lost even if bangladesh had played like they did today against SL?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India need to be greatful to Lanka for today...

Now it's pretty straightforward - India beat Lanka and they're through. Almost doesn't matter what happens in Ban-Ber.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
*praying* Man please India please, just beat Lanka, please... I want us to move on please! *praying*

Everything for you guys will be forgiven, just please beat Lanka, that's all I ask for!

This has been my first WC, not counting 2003 since I just started watching cricket that year and only started watching when I heard India was doing good in the WC, and I really want us to move on now! Really want us to win it! Please God, please......

Last edited:

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
*praying* Man please India please, just beat Lanka, please... I want us to move on please! *praying*

Everything for you guys will be forgiven, just please beat Lanka, that's all I ask for!

This has been my first WC, not counting 2003 since I just started watching cricket that year and only started watching when I heard India was doing good in the WC, and I really want us to move on now! Really want us to win it! Please God, please......
I think they will, Jaya will be rested..