• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LOOK OUT WORLD: Bangladesh is the future(COUNT THE YEAR 2007 IN TOO) World Champion

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:thumbsup:

(In the interests, obviously, of breaking the chain again, nothing at all to do with learning, unlike everyone else here, to use the quote-within-the-quote function)

jemo27

Cricket Spectator
Sri Lanka won the world cup in 1996 which was only 13 years after test Status so why can't bangaldesh do the same, they have some young kids.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
D'you guys know the meaning of "overreaction"? Or "getting caught up in the heat of the moment"?

If they play like this for the next year maybe we can start talking. But right now they've won one single game. Get some perspective. They did more than this in late 2003 and look where they were a year later.
I think I said they could win in 2011 somewhere before here, so I'm not just reacting to one win.

cricman

International 12th Man
Richard are you upset at the thought of Bangladesh winning an World Cup Before England? Or do you really think Bangladesh is overrated? You say it's just 1 game but IMO we've played some very solid cricket over the last 2 years.

or Maybe you went to the Lords or Riverside test, where Bangladesh got hammered and were convinced that we were no better than a club side? Bottom Line: were better than all the assocoiate Nations and were just a step below the Top 8, If we manage to get to the super8 i wouldn't be surprised at all if Bangladesh happens to win a few games verses Ireland and possibly England, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa or Australia.

cricman

International 12th Man
Contenders in this cup imo...well...semi-final contenders anyway
I agree good cricket is contagious and Mortaza right now is breathing fire with Razzak and Rafique our bowling is a very big strength of ours

cricman

International 12th Man
D'you guys know the meaning of "overreaction"? Or "getting caught up in the heat of the moment"?

If they play like this for the next year maybe we can start talking. But right now they've won one single game. Get some perspective. They did more than this in late 2003 and look where they were a year later.
what did we do in late 2003? we ran Pakistan real hard in a test series that about it, unless if you've been living under rock since 2004 we've beaten India, Australia and Sri Lanka in ODI's and beaten Zimbabwe about the last 9 out 10 games played beaten Kenya 7 straight times beaten Scotland 3 out of 3 along with Canada and a Warm up with New Zealand.

We've pushed Australia really hard in 1 test and played fairly well vs Sri Lanka in a home test series as well.

And now we have an opportunity to play in the super8 in the world cup

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sri Lanka won the world cup in 1996 which was only 13 years after test Status so why can't bangaldesh do the same, they have some young kids.
Any team always has some young kids. Test-status to WC timelines isn't really important.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard are you upset at the thought of Bangladesh winning an World Cup Before England?
Nope, makes not the slightest difference to me. Everyone else has won a Global tournament before us, we've got what we've deserved from ODIs over the past 7 years.
Or do you really think Bangladesh is overrated? You say it's just 1 game but IMO we've played some very solid cricket over the last 2 years.
And also some crap.
or Maybe you went to the Lords or Riverside test, where Bangladesh got hammered and were convinced that we were no better than a club side?
I'm not sure where the "no longer" bit comes from, but no I didn't go to either Test and yes, Bangladesh were utterly rubbish at the time, and no, I didn't make presumptions about that time relative to 10 years later.
Bottom Line: were better than all the assocoiate Nations and were just a step below the Top 8, If we manage to get to the super8 i wouldn't be surprised at all if Bangladesh happens to win a few games verses Ireland and possibly England, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa or Australia.
You seriously think Bangladesh can beat New Zealand, South Africa or Australia?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
what did we do in late 2003? we ran Pakistan real hard in a test series that about it, unless if you've been living under rock since 2004 we've beaten India, Australia and Sri Lanka in ODI's and beaten Zimbabwe about the last 9 out 10 games played beaten Kenya 7 straight times beaten Scotland 3 out of 3 along with Canada and a Warm up with New Zealand.

We've pushed Australia really hard in 1 test and played fairly well vs Sri Lanka in a home test series as well.
Forget the Zimbabwe, Kenya etc. parts and the practice games, I'm interested in the results of games against international-standard sides alone.

Winning 3 ODIs (and another now) is not exactly what I'd call top-notch stuff. Especially given what happened in between.

To date, Bangladesh is not a Test or ODI-standard side, and there's no evidence to the contrary. Whether such evidence appears in the near future we will soon find-out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Contenders in this cup imo...well...semi-final contenders anyway
Doubtful, unless they can eliminate Sri Lanka in the first round or beat them. Because if India go out at the expense of Bangladesh, and Bangladesh don't beat Sri Lanka, they carry no points into the second round. And it's going to be very difficult for Bangladesh to progress from the Super Eight stage if they're starting their account at 0.

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
Forget the Zimbabwe, Kenya etc. parts and the practice games, I'm interested in the results of games against international-standard sides alone.

Winning 3 ODIs (and another now) is not exactly what I'd call top-notch stuff. Especially given what happened in between.

To date, Bangladesh is not a Test or ODI-standard side, and there's no evidence to the contrary. Whether such evidence appears in the near future we will soon find-out.
BD doesn't care about any sort of evidence to dumb people like you who constantly proving themselves wrong

ekshi

Cricket Spectator
PFFFFFT Bangladesh is one of the worst ODI sites, c'mon just because they won over a nervous, confused and sleeping Indian team does not mean they're good.