Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news-Inzamam retires from ODI's-GEO

U19 Debutant

Breaking news-Inzamam retires from ODI's-GEO

JAMAICA: Pakistan cricket skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq has decided to retire from one-day international cricket.

According to Geo news correspondent Abdul Majid Bhatti, Inzamam consulted his friends about his retirement after yesterday's defeat by Ireland with 3 wickets. Later he consulted his father, who advised him to retire from international cricket and resign from captaincy of Pakistani team. Inzamam said he would play Test cricket only as a player and resign from captaincy.

He will announce his retirement from one-day international cricket and captaincy
    in coming hours.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp#19620

A wise decision, all things considered.

Pakistan team is going to miss him; IMO the greatest Pakistani ODI batsman.

it doesnt matter if he resigned or not he aint gonn a get picked again. and is the retirement immediate
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

Man what an utterly depressing day. Woolmer's death will take me a long time to get over with. And now this news. I think Inzi's retirement was a given after the WC showing. That doesn't make the news any easier to take. He was, as Beleg said, the greatest Pakistani ODI batsman of all time. He contributed so much. Ironic that he retires after his lowest point coming in the latest WC. He made his name after that spectacular showing in the '92 WC Semi Final and Final. An end of an era. Thanks for the memories Inzi, I will miss seeing you in Pakistani colors.

Flash Poker Champion!
    Bad timing, looks like a knee jerk reaction

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Nah, Inzy was always going to retire from ODIs after this Cup I've presumed.

Still - hardly the sort of way you'd hope to go out, on so many counts.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rajeev View Post
    Bad timing, looks like a knee jerk reaction
    Not really, I mean he's 37 already and so no realistic chance of making the next World Cup. It's the logical decision.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Good move in unfortunate circumstances. Inzy has been a class act for Pakistani cricket.

i still think that he should have gone when pakistan cricket was on a high! They are falling apart...i dont really support them but it is sad to see...hope all becomes well!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Very sad day for me. First Woolmer's death andnow Inzi's retirement. Both were heroes during their time.

To be honest, I support Inzi. He is 37 now and life outside cricket beckons. Good on ya Inzi, I will miss you. Thanks for all the fun times.

Well done to Inzi on a great career in ODIs... Tragic note to go out on (and for once the use of the t-word is actually justified in a sports context), but he's done more than his share for cricket, and moving aside creates an opportunity for someone new to come in with new energy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Good Decision. I will miss him a lot, one of my all time fav. playe. As someone said, what a depressing day it has been.

Legend of the game, a real champion. Pity he had to go out in such dire circumstances, hopefully he'll stay on in Tests for a few more years.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    This was always potentially going to happen after he had already said this was his last World Cup previously. So it comes as no surprise.
    Although id have thought he would of at least left it to after the Zimbabwe game before informing the media, especially after what else happened today.

i saw this coming. i knew that inzi isn't going to be like other pakistan legend cricketers who were dumbed from the team. the graceful way was to retire just like this and it is a good decision. i am sure the selectors will select him for test matches and at least he wana finish his test career in a good way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information