• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minnows - Do we need them, do they improve with us?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So? Part of my family ancestry is Dutch, doesn't mean I know the ins and outs of Dutch tennis players of the 1960s.

open365

International Vice-Captain
The only purpose of minnows that i can see is to make us appreciate how good the rest of world cricket is

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
So? Part of my family ancestry is Dutch, doesn't mean I know the ins and outs of Dutch tennis players of the 1960s.
I am Bangladeshi born, who was brought up in Bangladesh and followed Bangladesh cricket since I was a 5 year old. so I hope you find whatever i had to say about the popularity of cricket in the 1970s and 80s useful and believable.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Hhhm and why would that be? i think your prejudice gainst americans or something....seriously...i said basically the same thing but you don't buy, not good character...I know because i read about these things i talked to bangladeshi people that were there then and i do these kinds to things...so i don't know whats you problem is...

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hhhm and why would that be? i think your prejudice gainst americans or something....seriously...i said basically the same thing but you don't buy, not good character...I know because i read about these things i talked to bangladeshi people that were there then and i do these kinds to things...so i don't know whats you problem is...
Obviously someone who lives in Bangladesh is going to be more useful in discussing how popular something is in Bangladesh than someone who lives in LA...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Obviously someone who lives in Bangladesh is going to be more useful in discussing how popular something is in Bangladesh than someone who lives in LA...
Well he lives in Canada...but not the case, i said the same thing and he dismisses it like i don't know anything. I do cause im a outgoing person and i talk to anyone and learn a lot of stuff like that plus i read a lot of articles to know about cricket. So to treat me like that because where i'm from is prejudice....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he lives in Canada...but not the case, i said the same thing and he dismisses it like i don't know anything. I do cause im a outgoing person and i talk to anyone and learn a lot of stuff like that plus i read a lot of articles to know about cricket. So to treat me like that because where i'm from is prejudice....
He did live in Bangladesh though. You aren't being discriminated - it's just obvious that someone who lived in Bangladesh would know how popular something was there. Similarly, if we wanted to know how popular something was in LA, we'd trust your posts over his...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
its not that is how he said it though,
Far more than a Los Angeles-born-and-bred.
I mean come on there's got to be a better way to say it. Like you did. He said things like this before to something like- "i have a problem with people like you from the US of A and something something". But would like to leave it at that there's better way to say it than how it was said..

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'm as touchy as you are about the mild anti-American bias within some parts of CW, but I don't think Richard said anything offensive. He's not really like that tbh.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm a great lover of the minnows (or associates as some people like to be correct). There was just a few too many at this current World Cup though.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well may be one too many but that's all. But bermuda has the home support. its their national sport so, they will get some better players in the future.