• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Minnow Bashers at the World Cup

Biggest Minnow Bashers at the World Cup 2007

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a poll on who do you think is the biggest minnow basher of the World Cup.

Sri Lanka, South Africa, Australia have already joined the minnow Bashers Club so far - others still to join the club... Any prediction on who should get the Biggest minnow basher award. For me South africa have just pipped SL to take the lead by their annihilation of Netherlands.... But further minnow bashing is still to come....:laugh:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Its one thing to bash the minnows, but its totally another to bash them to near extinction...
Just my thoughts...:laugh:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australia may hold the record but i dont think they really go after the complete demolition of minnows as much as the South Africans

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa and Sri Lanka have players that can tear minnows apart...Holland just had the luck of playing them both :(

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Early days but it has to be SA so far - how many would thye have scored in 50 overs? 500? But they do have previous - Kirsten got the highest WC score against the UAE and remember Donald's bouncer in that match (people say Zarawani was a twit not wearing the helmet but remember bouncers were banned in ODIs at that time so he wouldn't have been expecting AD to bowl one. And the guy couldn't bat anyway so it was just bullying). Pity all the minnow bashing won't help them a week today...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ could inflict some serious damage on Canada. I think Kenya will be tricky for both England and New Zealand.

pup11

International Coach
I think when it comes to minnow bashing Sri Lankans are second to none, their record of 398-4 v/s Kenya in 96 WC (which was a record of most runs in an odi innings for a long time), and they also hold the current record of most runs in an Odi innings (443-5 v/s Netherlands) so thats ample proof that they just love the minnows.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Just a poll on who do you think is the biggest minnow basher of the World Cup.

Sri Lanka, South Africa, Australia have already joined the minnow Bashers Club so far - others still to join the club...
By definition shouldn't the term minnow bashers apply to teams that only tend to beat minows and fail to beat regular teams??

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
By definition shouldn't the term minnow bashers apply to teams that only tend to beat minows and fail to beat regular teams??
I suppose you are right, I was referring to teams that smash the daylights out of the minnows time after time...rather...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Does India count as a minnow now, if so i like to change my vote to Sri Lanka.
SL may get knocked out after Super 8 so tone down your sarcasm, Mate or you will get all the Indians on this forum turning on you when that happens ...