• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 sixes for Gibbs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I'm not.

Ireland aren't even a separate cricket-playing team, just like Jamaica and Barbados. A ODI should be a game between teams who have proven they can consistently compete.

Craig

World Traveller
Which Ireland have done in this tournament...

Hey you have to give credit where credit is due IMO and they have played well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But it's just 1 game.

Let's wait and see their entire tournament before we make these *ahem* knee-jerk reactions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which means what, precisely? Zimbabwe are clearly now every bit as poor as Ireland\Scotland\Name-Your-Minor-County.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So did Australia in the WC semi in 1999.

What's the point?
That Ireland have played very well in both of their matches especally when they were down and out against Zimbabwe.To manage a tie out of that game was a magnificent achievement.I'm trying to make the point that Ireland did unbeliavably well against Zimbabwe and that should be appreciated.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So? My side did something similar a few seasons back. That was a magnificent achievement too. Does that make us a ODI-standard side? No, of course it doesn't.

pup11

International Coach
The Aussies have shown keen interest in the 6 sixes and they want to equal the record so Netherlands better watch out today.

Evermind

International Debutant
The Aussies have shown keen interest in the 6 sixes and they want to equal the record so Netherlands better watch out today.
Too bad Symonds isn't playing. The only other person I'd really bank on to achieve it from Aus is Gilchrist.

I guess Hodge seems to have some bloodlust in him too, but I haven't seen enough of him to really know.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gibbs was probably only the 4th or 5th player I'd have backed to do such a thing.

Heck, if I knew it was against a substandard side, I'd have backed Kallis ahead of him.

If I was told an Australian was going to manage the task in their Holland game I'd not be surprised if it were someone as obscure as Brad Hogg - Hodge would certainly be a possible.