• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 sixes for Gibbs.

Craig

World Traveller
Can't we just say it was good hitting and he batted well, and it is there in the record books and fact is it is an OFFICIAL ODI game so people need to get over it and accept it, it is not going to happen in terms of having the status taken away.

Anyway he is the 3rd person I can think of who has done it, do credit must be given, but oh no we can't do that since it was only the Netherlands. Geez some people are professional cynics.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone explain the Johnnie Walker thing? I've seen plenty in reference to it, but I've no idea what they're actually doing.

Fair effort though with the six sixes

R_D

International Debutant
Might have been against a crap bowling attack but still you have to hit them.

pup11

International Coach
I think hitting 6 6's in a row is a tough thing to do even if the bowling is dire because you still have to hit the ball well 6 times in a row, so hats off to Gibbs there but i also feel for Van Bunge and Holland because nobody likes to see these minnows humiliated and demoralized like this at such a grand event.

I think such games only strengthen the fact that ICC isn't doing the right thing by including these minnows in the WC.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Now in the next game that Netherlands play against the Aussie on 18th March there is a good chance the feat might be repeated by Gilly, Punter,Hussey or even Haydos.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Offering a million dollar donation to a charity of choice for the first player to hit six 6s in an over this WC I believe....

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Looking at it from the other side, Van Bunge also has a record. The only bowler ever to be hit for 6 sixes in a World Cup tournement.:laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Thanx for the clips from Youtube Cameron. They were awesome. Loved each and every single shot he played. Its not easy to clear the ground six times in a row, so i think its a superb effort from him.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
That's still 150 off 10 - not an easy ask at all.
But even if Boucher had got out there was Pollock Kemp or even Hall to come with a blank cheque to hit out so it could have been done. PS - 6 sixes in an over and I was watching England. Might never get a chance to see that again....but on the other hand...hope Holand don't bowl first v Australia as I've a hunch Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting and co will want to show the Saffies "anyhting you can do we can do better"...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think hitting 6 6's in a row is a tough thing to do even if the bowling is dire because you still have to hit the ball well 6 times in a row, so hats off to Gibbs there but i also feel for Van Bunge and Holland because nobody likes to see these minnows humiliated and demoralized like this at such a grand event.
Don't worry about van Buunge, he's a batsman.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't we just say it was good hitting and he batted well, and it is there in the record books and fact is it is an OFFICIAL ODI game so people need to get over it and accept it, it is not going to happen in terms of having the status taken away.
Ha! Will if I ever manage a coup at I$C$C.

Slow Love™

International Captain
At least it was a player you could imagine doing it against fair opposition on the right day. There've been plenty of bad minnow overs bowled in international cricket, and nobody had done it up to now, so it's still quite an achievement.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
HOW DARE you make such an attack on a CW Staff Member!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Think it's a gel not a guy writing the thing, tho, isn't it? :unsure:
You lot are always on my case when I make a mistake in my posts as regards grammar, so I thought I'd give some back ;)

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You lot are always on my case when I make a mistake in my posts as regards grammar, so I thought I'd give some back ;)
Pity it's not a mistake in the grammar though - more likely an issue when things are transferred from one word processing program to another. But go ahead, be boorish.