• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A great day for the Irish!

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well there they were in their emerald green uniforms acquitting themselves magnificently in their first ever Cricket World Cup -- a thrilling match with high drama! And Jeremy Bray hitting (the first ever century for Ireland in International Cricket -- edit follows after a gracious correction) a superlative century -- great stuff all around!.

Irish Eyes are smiling!

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Jeremy Bray hitting the first ever century for Ireland in International Cricket
Even though it was his second ODI century? Unbelievable achievement that. Impossible, even.
EDIT: Thought it over and decided to re-open the thread.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Shame they didn't win - but surely even the ICC now must know Zimbabwe aren't a Test team - if they let Zimbabwe play Tests again they should give Ireland Test status! But considering they were in trouble twice they fought back briliantly...and on St .Patrick's day there is a very slim chance of the unthinkable - if Ireland beat Pakistan Pakistan would be OUT (don't think it will happen but if I were Inzy and it DID happen I'd stay out of Pakistan for a while...)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
When have I$C$C ever made decisions like that?

And TBH, you'd not want to make a decision on one game, even if (and it's not inconceivable) Ireland are equals of Zimbabwe.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
When have I$C$C ever made decisions like that?

And TBH, you'd not want to make a decision on one game, even if (and it's not inconceivable) Ireland are equals of Zimbabwe.
Agreed - its far too sensible a decision for ICC. Btw ,I always thought that match would be close - the evidence of the warm-ups suggested Ireland could compete in that match.

I can say im very proid of the Irish! I actually know 3 or 4 of them from playing Grade Cricket in Sydney. Niall O'Brien coached me last year and played with my brother!

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Absoloutely loved the game yesterday, got me through the English and Drama homework I had. Well done Ireland.

Swervy

International Captain
it was the best game of the minor teams I have ever seen to be honest...and one of the most exciting finishes of any game I have seen in recent World Cups (doesnt quite match SA vs Australia tied game in 99 though:) )

Zimb bottled it, but all credit to Ireland for sticking in there. Would love them to upset Pakistan on saturday

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, but... I've been unimpressed with Derbyshire plenty, they're still better than Ireland.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm pretty confident that they'd have won more than 1 game in last year's C&G if that were going to happen.