• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Colourful cricketer at World Cup 2007

R_D

International Debutant
Well Panesar is a Sardar(who for some reason are considered funny in India), he wears a turban, sports a beard and mustache, and does a funny sort of wicket celebration.
hehehe its a sterotype thing.
Bit like Blonde and being dumb. Sardar are considered dumb like that and have same jokes about them as blondes in india :laugh: :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
I think Symo would also add a lot of colour to the tournament as soon he gets fit and starts playing again he is a tremendous bloke to have in a team, I think i would very much miss Binga's celebration during this WC which is a shame.

pup11

International Coach
The mother of all Blondes v/s Sardar face-off's would have to be everytime Warney came into bowl to Navjot Sidhu, Sidhu use to go ballistic as soon as he saw Warney and he use to start tonking Warney for 6's and Warney had no clue what to do(one of the few times Warney looked clueless and dumb on a cricket field).

pup11

International Coach
Lara and Gul? I think both of them are pretty much laidback characters.

Dhoni is another bloke who would add colour to the WC with his unorthodox style of batting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hehehe its a sterotype thing.
Bit like Blonde and being dumb. Sardar are considered dumb like that and have same jokes about them as blondes in india :laugh: :laugh:
Might do well to tell the lecturers at the Uni where Panesar spent the last 5 years studying some high-powered degree how dumb he is, then...

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure what to be more shocked about, Richard having ginger hair or Richard having a girlfriend.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't have ginger hair - all my girlfriends just have.

Something about strawberry-blondes and me just klicks, for some very bizarre reason...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have ginger hair - all my girlfriends just have.

Something about strawberry-blondes and me just klicks, for some very bizarre reason...
And that just about explains everything we need to know about Richard. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hehe, good mate of mine has a ginger fetish, he's been out with all but one in our year.
:laugh:

Dunno whether fetish is the appropriate term for me, mind. Just attraction.

Not 100% sure this is the appropriate place to discuss such a thing, either. :laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig McMillan...if only he were to try and grow the handle-bar mustache again.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
:laugh:

Dunno whether fetish is the appropriate term for me, mind. Just attraction.

Not 100% sure this is the appropriate place to discuss such a thing, either. :laugh:
Well he doesn't call it a fetish, just gentle ribbing he gets. Probably right though, we should shut up before Neil starts worrying.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, "Staff Membership does demand a higher standard of behaviour than normal membership", after all...

Most unbecoming of me and my boss to be discussing such things, I'm sure...