• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
LoL at Bondy's celebration at getting #11

Pretty lackluster effort from the Windies. Bond got wickets when they were needed. Oram bowled excellently in the middle and was the key for me. Styris bowled tight and Vettori picked up a lot of wickets at the end.
Pretty good allround effort with the exception of Franklin, who got tonked around by Gayle

pup11

International Coach
Its only 10:12 pm in India atm, but now i am strictly giving a tought to go to bed, so i catch up on some sleep so i don't sleep in my lecture again tomorrow.

Can't find any good reason to stay awake really.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From a Kiwi perspective I think we can take alot out of this innings, our catching was sharp and so was our ground fielding with a number of saves both on the boundary and inside the inner ring. Pity we couldn't get a run-out though as there were a couple of opportunities that we didn't quite take the full advantage of. First 10 overs were masterly bowling, Bond was brilliantly aggressive and Mason was very tight. Franklin bowled poorly but was also unlucky that Gayle targeted him in such a manner, Vettori was good and picked up a couple at the end. The real stars for me were Jacob Oram and Scott Styris though, both economical and in Oram's case, very threatening.

We should look to back this up with a good batting performance, Hamish Marshall will be batting at #3 so he should take this opportunity to settle back into the side.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
The WI's poor run-rate will make it difficult for them to advance with 4 wins out of 7 :P

Not good for the tournament!

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Most batsman will target Franklin from now on in the tournament. Everybody knows he's a weak link. If our top order proves itself to be solid then Franklin's days could be numbered as Bracewell will be more comfortable in sacrificing a good lower-order batter with someone who doesn't bowl pies.

pup11

International Coach
The locals are not coming to watch their team and support them whatever maybe the reason(s), so won't make a huge difference to the tournament IMO, Windies are playing some very poor cricket atm and don't deserve to reach the semis at all playing like this.

Perm

The experiment with Fulton opening didn't work, didn't play straight enough and Powell clean bowled him.

Perm

Marshall hasn't been short of runs for Northern Districts in the State Championship, this is a whole different kettle of fish though. Fleming needs to continue with his good form to ease the pressure on Marshall.

Perm

My initial thoughts aswell, I mean he got a decent stride in but it looked pretty good to me.

Perm

Darren Powell has a very busy run up, looks like it really takes it out of him every time he runs in to bowl.

Perm

Marshall chips a catch straight to mid-off, we need our experienced campainers to get us through this.

Perm

It was slower than what he had been bowling, but it was still seam up so I have no idea what the story was.

Fiery

Banned
The locals are not coming to watch their team and support them whatever maybe the reason(s), so won't make a huge difference to the tournament IMO, Windies are playing some very poor cricket atm and don't deserve to reach the semis at all playing like this.
The reason is the tickets to all games are US$90 which is outrageous and way out of reach of the average West Indian.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
This innings has shades of the NZL vs ENG game at the end of the CB series where it seemed like the Black Caps took it too easy and just thought if they bat out the overs they would win.