• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Because if Kenya go through to the top 8, all the other sides except for NZ get to play them. Flem quite rightly sees England as a stronger side for the others to have to go up against.
Perfect! You are right!

Evermind

International Debutant
I think it's safe to assume that the run for the championship has narrowed to a 4-horse race:

Aus
SA
NZ
SL

I don't see Eng and WI being serious contenders, and India will be crashing out tonight.

So we pretty much have our semi-finalists here.

Well....as I was saying...:cool:

simmy

International Regular
I wonder what odds you would have got for neither Pak or Ind being in the Super 8. Amazing.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Likely table going into Super 8s

Sri Lanka - 2 pts
New Zealand - 2 pts
West Indies - 2 pts
Australia/South Africa - 2 pts
Bangladesh - 0 pts
Ireland - 0 pts
Australia/South Africa - 0 pts
England/Kenya - 0 pts

If Kenya make it into the next round IMO the winner of tonights match between South Africa and Australia would have basically booked a spot in the semi. If England make it through then IMO Kiwis have basically have booked a spot in the semis. This is on the presumption that every team beat Bangladesh and Ireland off course, as basically New Zealand, South Africa or Australia will only have to win one more game to make the semis.

With that in mind this is what i see as the semi final line ups:

Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka/West Indies

I reckon the winner of Sri Lanka and West Indies will get the 4th spot.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
how many games you need to win to get to the semis? or how many game can you lose to be out of the running?

masterblaster

International Captain
My three picks to win the World Cup:

1. Australia
2. Sri Lanka
3. New Zealand

Would love to see any of these three sides take out the trophy.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
semis it would be great if any of these teams went-ireland or banlgadesh(may far streched but still), sri lanka, west indies, south africa.

as winner it be best if -ireland or banlgadesh(again may far streched but still), west indies

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
NZ
Saffland
Ausland
Ireland
Windies
Lanka
Bangla
England

Semis:
NZ - Ausland
Saffland - Lanka

Final:
NZ - Saffland

Winner:
Saffland

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feeling like punching the dolts on TMS who keep going on about how much harder it is for teams not carrying points through to catch up because Ireland and Bangladesh (probably) are through...

Err no those two going through doesn't make it harder than if Pakistan and India had gone through instead. Morons.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually it does make it harder, since most sides will beat those 2, thus meaning there's fewer chances against the bigger sides in which to beat them and attempt to progress.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, as an Englishman, I was wondering if I'd ever post in this thread.:)

I'm practically certain I won't in the semi-finals thread, mind.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Actually it does make it harder, since most sides will beat those 2, thus meaning there's fewer chances against the bigger sides in which to beat them and attempt to progress.
not really because they still have 4 chances to catch up, one more than in the super six all together...