• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But aren't WI currently on-track to finish with points that'd put them above England?

Athlai

Not Terrible
A: Australia
A: South Africa

(either way)

B: Sri Lanka
B: India/Bangladesh
(could also go in any order)

C1: New Zealand
C2: England (Kenya)
(Most probably England yet this crazy tournament has caused upsets.)

D: West Indies
D: Ireland
(could go either way :laugh: )

So far I have just put into spreadsheet the current averages of all the teams players (for no real reason)
Seven teams have been put in, yet I can't split the hair between Bang or India yet, and can't be bothered doing a team that won't get through. (You better win England!)

pasag

RTDAS
So far:

27 March Australia vs West Indies
28 March B1 vs South Africa
29 March New Zealand vs West Indies
30 March Ireland vs C2
31 March Australia vs B2
1 April B1vs West Indies
2 April New Zealand vs B2
3 April Ireland vs South Africa
4 April B1 vs C2
7 April South Africa vs B2
8 April Australia vs C2
9 April New Zealand vs Ireland
10 April South Africa vs West Indies
11 April C2 vs B2
12 April B1 vs New Zealand
13 April Australia vs Ireland
14 April New Zealand vs South Africa
15 April Ireland vs B2
16 April Australia vs B1
17 April South Africa vs C2
18 April B1 vs Ireland
19 April West Indies vs B2
20 April Australia vs New Zealand
21 April West Indies vs C2

Courtesy of wiki.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So far:

27 March Australia vs West Indies
28 March B1 vs South Africa
29 March New Zealand vs West Indies
30 March Ireland vs C2
31 March Australia vs B2
1 April B1vs West Indies
2 April New Zealand vs B2
3 April Ireland vs South Africa
4 April B1 vs C2
7 April South Africa vs B2
8 April Australia vs C2
9 April New Zealand vs Ireland
10 April South Africa vs West Indies
11 April C2 vs B2
12 April B1 vs New Zealand
13 April Australia vs Ireland
14 April New Zealand vs South Africa
15 April Ireland vs B2
16 April Australia vs B1
17 April South Africa vs C2
18 April B1 vs Ireland
19 April West Indies vs B2
20 April Australia vs New Zealand
21 April West Indies vs C2

Courtesy of wiki.
Doesn't most of that depend on who wins what? Only New Zealands place is 100% secure so far. (West Indies, Australia, Ireland, South Africa have all made the Super 8 but whether they are 1st or 2nd in the pool is yet to be determined).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Super 8 matches aren't determined by group positions. Australia will be A1 even if they finish second.

Sandman

Cricket Spectator
If Australia finishes 2nd they will be A2.

New Zealand is the only team with a definite position in the super 8. Even if they lose to Canada (lol) they will still qualify 1st as they have 2 wins and beat both other super 8 possibilities. All the other positions are yet to be determined as the top 2 teams from each of those pools play each other on friday and saturday. India has to beat Sri Lanka or they're out, providing Bangladesh beats Bermuda of course.

pasag

RTDAS
No, they won't, it doesn't work that way.
Indeed, the reason for Sandman and Athlai's benefit was for tourists and broadcasters to be able to plan out their itineraries and schedules properly, well in advance, iirc. Seems a reasonable system to me.

Sandman

Cricket Spectator
Well, that just sounds stupid. I guess i'll wait till South Africa beats Australia on Saturday and we'll see then. If someone could post a link to confirm the super 8 positioning, that would be great, can't seem to find anything on cricinfo...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, that just sounds stupid. I guess i'll wait till South Africa beats Australia on Saturday and we'll see then.
Apart from the fact that's not guranteed at all, it won't matter - Australia will still be A1 and SA A2.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
With a Super 8 consisting of
Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
India
New Zealand
England
West Indies
Ireland

Having Ireland and England (:p) there the sides who carry their points through from the group stage will have an even bigger advantage. And ofcourse in Group A both teams are favoured for the semis.
So, looks like the final 4 will come down to RSA, AUS, SRL, NZL, WI

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Apart from the fact that's not guranteed at all, it won't matter - Australia will still be A1 and SA A2.
So was Pakistan supposed to be D1?

Since they are not progressing through, do West Indies stay D2 and Ireland move up to D1?