• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They do.

Let's see what happens in the rest of the tournament before we start these *ahem* knee-jerk reactions.

FFS, Bangladesh have just won their 4th game of any significance! :wacko: And people are ready to start championing them from the rooftops.

A fall is on the way.

pasag

RTDAS
Nonetheless, you could re-play that game and India would win it probably 19 times out of 20.
Maybe, but I think you could also say that Bangladesh would have beaten 9 out of 10 sides the way they bowled yesterday, imo.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not "championing them from the rooftops".I am merely disagreeing with your assumption that India have by "far the batter side" which they most defenitely don't.They won only there "4th game of any significance" because most of the time they are playing the associates.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe, but I think you could also say that Bangladesh would have beaten 9 out of 10 sides the way they bowled yesterday, imo.
Oh, quite. That was almost without dobut the best bowling performance Bangladesh have ever put in. Not surprising, either - Razzak, Mortaza and Rafique are all more than decent bowlers, and they all had excellent figures.

But I can't see such a thing happening again any time soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not "championing them from the rooftops".I am merely disagreeing with your assumption that India have by "far the batter side" which they most defenitely don't.They won only there "4th game of any significance" because most of the time they are playing the associates.
No, they've been playing top-ranking teams since the 1980s. They've still been being annhailated in their games against the ODI-standard sides right up to this Cup (you saw the Champions Trophy, I presume?), and they remain massively inferior to the top 8. I'd be surprised if we see a performance as good as yesterday's for quite some time.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a freak outcome - Bangladesh playing better than a team which would normally be massively superior WAS a freak happening.
Ireland v Pakistan was a freak outcome.Bangladesh beating India was most certainly not.You could call India "massively superior" to Scotland/Holland but defenitely not Bangladesh.They are going to be a real force in 2-3 years in the one day game IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's huge overestimation of the timeframe.

When Rafique retires, presumably after this Cup, that'll make Mortaza and Razzak, possibly, their decent bowlers. Then Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and 1 or 2 others in the batting.

Their side is not yet as good as you paint them.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It was a freak outcome - Bangladesh playing better than a team which would normally be massively superior WAS a freak happening.
Come back to reality from your dream land.

India will be under more trouble in coming years as the retirements of Sachin, Ganguly, Kumble and even Dravid is looming in the horizon.

No real young talent is coming up to take the charge from them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's extremely unlikely in any case - and the matter at hand is here and now.

If you were to play that game again 20 times in the next month, India would win probably about 19 of those occasions.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That's huge overestimation of the timeframe.

When Rafique retires, presumably after this Cup, that'll make Mortaza and Razzak, possibly, their decent bowlers. Then Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and 1 or 2 others in the batting.

Their side is not yet as good as you paint them.
Bangladesh has three to four young bowlers waiting to get national call.

After Rafiq retires we have Enamul Haque Jr. who is more than a decent bowler. After him Mosharraf Hossain who continuously troubled England A in recent series.

Both share the same style of Rafiq.