• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

pup11

International Coach
No matter what Bangladesh say atm about the Indian bowling, if they can win against India today then i think India would be knocked out of the WC in group stages itself because i can't see India beating a full-strength Sri Lankan side and rest of the3 teams in Group B won't have a tough time beating Bermuda.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard,
I think you are overplaying the Indian batting line up when you say they could quite easily get 450 if they get going...and I dont think the Indian batting line up is as good as you are making out, I think Australia and South Africa are on a level with them, and an on form Sri lankan batting lineup isnt too far behind.

For me this game has the most potential for a group game upset, if India have one of those off days and everything goes well for B'desh, this could be pretty close

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FFS I hate stereotypes.

Dhoni hits the ball hard and plays aggressively like Afridi, Gilly etc. so he must be inconsistent right?

Wrong, very wrong in fact.

pup11

International Coach
Indian batting line-up is not consistent and is overrated IMO, the moment they step a foot outside India they lose their batting form and their techniques are exposed.

So basically they aren't good travellers.

Swervy

International Captain
Seriously, India could quite easily smash 450 if they get going. Can't believe anyone thinks Bangladesh have a chance unless India seriously **** up.
2.04pm GMT..India 17/1 off 6.

Still thinking 450 'quite easily' Richard?:laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
2.04pm GMT..India 17/1 off 6.

Still thinking 450 'quite easily' Richard?:laugh:
you said it yourself, the key words being the bolded parts below:

For me this game has the most potential for a group game upset, if India have one of those off days and everything goes well for B'desh, this could be pretty close
that said, this game isn't over just yet....

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay honestly, before people start making comments in here, they must understand the game is still on.

Let's wait till after the game, shall we? :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, I don't see the need to wait. Even if India manage a fairly comfortable win, the fact that Bangladesh bowled as well as they have for 30 overs is enough to indicate just how stupid it is that Richard completely refuses to give them any credit. Bangladesh played nothing short of top class cricket today, and Mortaza's spell was one of the best of the tournament so far, from any team.

Bangladesh have been an increasingly competitive ODI outfit for a couple of years now, and virtually every series they are a better team. The 450 comments were stupid and deserve ridicule, and from Richard they are pretty much par for the course on this issue.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, I don't see the need to wait. Even if India manage a fairly comfortable win, the fact that Bangladesh bowled as well as they have for 30 overs is enough to indicate just how stupid it is that Richard completely refuses to give them any credit. Bangladesh played nothing short of top class cricket today, and Mortaza's spell was one of the best of the tournament so far, from any team.

Bangladesh have been an increasingly competitive ODI outfit for a couple of years now, and virtually every series they are a better team. The 450 comments were stupid and deserve ridicule, and from Richard they are pretty much par for the course on this issue.
100% agree:thumbup: :thumbup:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who cares what Richard says about Bangladesh though? Even before today, most knew Bangladesh were a very very competitive ODI outfit, and I spoke to many of my Indian fan mates over the last couple of days and we were all nervous about the prospect of a loss to Bangladesh. That was obviously before today, where they have played wonderfully.

Love watching them.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Crikey, i never knew Mortaza was capable of bowling in the 140s, him and Rasel make a great opening partnership.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The problem is not one of class, but that of form. Tendulkar is not at his best, and neither is Dravid. Sehwag is useless, Dhoni too inconsistent, Yuvraj still recovering form injury and Uthappa still unproven. So that leaves....Ganguly.

Feels me with confidence, this does not. Yes, you are right in that if they all fire, they could rival any batting lineup in the world. But side from that brief period post 2003 world cup when we toured Australia...it just hasn't happened (yes, that was a different lineup and was a test match lineup, but as a point).
That's because said line-up has only just been reunited, we haven't seen Ganguly-the-opener, Tendulkar-the-four, Dravid and Yuvraj in the same side since 2002 - and look what happened then. Sadly, they decided to mess around with the thing.

And now the line-up is even better because Dhoni is in instead of Kaif and Sehwag, however, poor (and nowhere near as good as he was in 2002, when opening with Ganguly) is not as bad as Dinesh Mongia!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
To bad cricket isn't played on paper...or India would be the champions.Seriously that batting line up looks good but it's another thing delivering?.India haven't been in great form in the one dayers leading up and although I do appreciate India has some exceedingly talented players but I am still not convinced by them in the one day game because of their inconsistency.Didn't Mitchell Johnson take 4-11 against that batting line up...8-).That is why I feel that although India are definite favourites and will probably win Bangladesh do have a chance of causing an upset.Never going to be convinced by India even with the supposed "great batting line up " until they are more consistent and they don't just show flashes of their talents.
As I've just said to Manan, you seem to be confusing the India of the recent past with the India of the present. Their batting-line-up was extremely dodgy for much of 2006, but it just got one hell of a lot stronger in one fell swoop, when Ganguly was restored to the top of the order, Tendulkar was put at four, and Yuvraj Singh returned from injury. Just about everything before the WI series ceases to matter, because it was a completely different team, and things have come right just in time.
It's a bit unfare of you to call the Bangladeshi attack "extremely poor".They have capable bowlers who although have done well against the associates can defenitely do well against better teams.Mortaza IMO has the potential of becoming a very good one day player and Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners.
Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners, but any spinner, no matter how decent, can be clobbered by a quality batting-line-up. Mortaza is far from a top-class bowler, if he bowls well he could restrict India but that's certainly not guranteed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Nope, they haven't, they were annhailated in the Champions Trophy. They might have bowled well today, presumably on a nice bowling pitch, but that doesn't mean 450 was ever OOTQ.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners, but any spinner, no matter how decent, can be clobbered by a quality batting-line-up. Mortaza is far from a top-class bowler, if he bowls well he could restrict India but that's certainly not guranteed.
well it just happened today, india seriously screwed up(except for ganguly and yuvraj), the bangladeshis played well above their normal level and now they are in with a realistic chance of a win...

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
That is why I use the word "potential" to describe Mortaza.I didn't say he is a top class bowler now.