Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post

P.S. Can't wait to laugh at all you, who are giving Bangladesh a chance, after tomorrow .
    See you tomorrow...when Bangladesh have won
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    See you tomorrow...when Bangladesh have won
    Haha dawg stop setting yourself up for more and more embarrassment... Let's see, if you stop now, I promise I'll go easy on ya' tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Haha dawg stop setting yourself up for more and more embarrassment... Let's see, if you stop now, I promise I'll go easy on ya' tomorrow .
    I'll take everything that's coming to me if India do indeed win.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    It's on... . Btw, I wonder how much Bangladesh is gonna' be bowled for? 80? 105?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    We are talking about Bangladesh here not Bermuda FFS.Bangladesh have improved alot in one dayers IMO and defenitely have a chance of winning.That comment really is a bit far fetched.It's not as though India have a really good one day team anyway.
    You're kidding, right?

India have by far and away the best ODI batting-line-up going around - and Bangladesh's attack is by-and-large extremely poor. It's perfectly conceivable that if things fall into place India could score a massive, massive total (and against Bermuda too, obviously).

Ganguly
    Uthappa
    Sehwag?
    Tendulkar
    Dravid
    Yuvraj Singh
    Dhoni
    Doesn't come much better than that IMO. They can tear any attack to shreds - South Africa, even. If they hit top straps, Bangladesh haven't got a hope in hell. Even if they don't, and "only" score 270 or so, their attack (with Patel and Harbhajan to the fore) is easily strong enough to restrict Bangladesh to not-much.

Seriously, Bangladesh are badly overrated at the current time.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You're kidding, right?

India have by far and away the best ODI batting-line-up going around - and Bangladesh's attack is by-and-large extremely poor. It's perfectly conceivable that if things fall into place India could score a massive, massive total (and against Bermuda too, obviously).

Ganguly
    Uthappa
    Sehwag?
    Tendulkar
    Dravid
    Yuvraj Singh
    Dhoni
    Doesn't come much better than that IMO. They can tear any attack to shreds - South Africa, even. If they hit top straps, Bangladesh haven't got a hope in hell. Even if they don't, and "only" score 270 or so, their attack (with Patel and Harbhajan to the fore) is easily strong enough to restrict Bangladesh to not-much.

To bad cricket isn't played on paper...or India would be the champions.Seriously that batting line up looks good but it's another thing delivering?.India haven't been in great form in the one dayers leading up and although I do appreciate India has some exceedingly talented players but I am still not convinced by them in the one day game because of their inconsistency.Didn't Mitchell Johnson take 4-11 against that batting line up....That is why I feel that although India are definite favourites and will probably win Bangladesh do have a chance of causing an upset.Never going to be convinced by India even with the supposed "great batting line up " until they are more consistent and they don't just show flashes of their talents.It's a bit unfare of you to call the Bangladeshi attack "extremely poor".They have capable bowlers who although have done well against the associates can defenitely do well against better teams.Mortaza IMO has the potential of becoming a very good one day player and Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners.
    Last edited by Pup Clarke; 16-03-2007 at 08:39 PM.

There is a BIG difference between a great batting lineup and a batting line up that fires up together. There also is a great difference between players with great potential and great players.

Every lineup do not always fireup together. On a day a potentially good lineup can do surprisingly well, as can a great batting lineup on their given day.

The same goes with the bowling.

True, I do say that BD is being a little too over-rated at the moment (especially after their win against the Kiwis), but really dissing them as badly is harsh.

And also those over-rating it at the moment aren't being quite logical at the moment.

We can only wait and see what happens. Until tomorrow's gone we would not know the result.

But I can assure Turbunater that bowling BD out for 80 or 105 is a little too much expectation from the current Indian bowling lineup at present !!!!!

Let's not get too carried away with extremism.

Final Verdict: India are favorites, BD MIGHTbe able to cause an upset it things click for them.....the passing away of a team mate does not seem to help their cause either.
    So I really don't know what they would do tomorrow, but if they go down, hopefully they would go down fighting.

Peace !!!!!
    Last edited by Trigger_Tiger; 16-03-2007 at 11:45 PM.
    Prowling tiger crouching low
    Ready to unleash its lethal blow
    Its eyes on the mighty prey
    Today the hunter will become the hunted!!!!!

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Seriously, India could quite easily smash 450 if they get going. Can't believe anyone thinks Bangladesh have a chance unless India seriously **** up.
    Yeah, but the problem is that the chance of India ****ing up are 50/50. They could perform like minnows or like champions - no one can tell. Look at Pak, the other day - India's bowling, even with Akhtar and Asif missing from Pak, is still worse.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    You're kidding, right?

Ganguly
    Uthappa
    Sehwag?
    Tendulkar
    Dravid
    Yuvraj Singh
    Dhoni

The problem is not one of class, but that of form. Tendulkar is not at his best, and neither is Dravid. Sehwag is useless, Dhoni too inconsistent, Yuvraj still recovering form injury and Uthappa still unproven. So that leaves....Ganguly.

Feels me with confidence, this does not. Yes, you are right in that if they all fire, they could rival any batting lineup in the world. But side from that brief period post 2003 world cup when we toured Australia...it just hasn't happened (yes, that was a different lineup and was a test match lineup, but as a point).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    The problem is not one of class, but that of form. Tendulkar is not at his best, and neither is Dravid. Sehwag is useless, Dhoni too inconsistent, Yuvraj still recovering form injury and Uthappa still unproven. So that leaves....Ganguly.
    I don't think Dhoni's inconsistent at all...he had a poor patch around the DLF Cup, but he's been very consistent from the Champions Trophy onwards. Also, Tendulkar might not be at his best (as his best is incredibly good) but he's been in pretty good ODI form of late, and Dravid has also been pretty good.

Overall, I'd say there are question marks around the form of Yuvraj (one good innings since his comeback from injury) and Sehwag...Uthappa is, as you said, unproven, but he's certainly done pretty well so far.

No matter what Bangladesh say atm about the Indian bowling, if they can win against India today then i think India would be knocked out of the WC in group stages itself because i can't see India beating a full-strength Sri Lankan side and rest of the3 teams in Group B won't have a tough time beating Bermuda.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Richard,
    I think you are overplaying the Indian batting line up when you say they could quite easily get 450 if they get going...and I dont think the Indian batting line up is as good as you are making out, I think Australia and South Africa are on a level with them, and an on form Sri lankan batting lineup isnt too far behind.

For me this game has the most potential for a group game upset, if India have one of those off days and everything goes well for B'desh, this could be pretty close
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

FFS I hate stereotypes.

Dhoni hits the ball hard and plays aggressively like Afridi, Gilly etc. so he must be inconsistent right?

Wrong, very wrong in fact.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Indian batting line-up is not consistent and is overrated IMO, the moment they step a foot outside India they lose their batting form and their techniques are exposed.

So basically they aren't good travellers.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Seriously, India could quite easily smash 450 if they get going. Can't believe anyone thinks Bangladesh have a chance unless India seriously **** up.
    2.04pm GMT..India 17/1 off 6.

Still thinking 450 'quite easily' Richard?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information