Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Yes but with his talent Gilchrist really should be averaging 40+ in one day cricket.He gets his 30 and 40s but never really seeems to knuckle down.That's probably the reason that his average is 35 which don't get me wrong is still ver good.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger_Tiger View Post
    Secretly, I'm sure many were. And for the second bit, I was (hopefully you do consider me a realistically minded person )!
    Perhaps I should have said realistically-minded non-Bangladeshis.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger_Tiger View Post
    Oh Richard, you MUST be talking about the Bangladesh Team of the "RECENT PAST." You see after the Champions trophy, a lot has changed in the team and the bowlers have come up leaps and bounds since then
    Good, I'm delighted to hear it. I'm going to wait for more than 1 match before I jump to that conclusion, however.
    Seriously speaking, 4-44 against NZ (it was 4-22 in 7 overs at first but then mighty Oram slogged him at the death), and now this. 4-38 against India!
    But that NZ game is not something I'm going to take seriously. Nonetheless, I always rated Mashrafe bin Mortaza very highly, from the time I first saw him in 2003. Not for a second am I saying he's not a very, very good bowler, you certainly don't need to go telling me that. I did wonder whether the injury might ruin him, but thankfully it seems not to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Perhaps I should have said realistically-minded non-Bangladeshis.
    .....nice one !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good, I'm delighted to hear it. I'm going to wait for more than 1 match before I jump to that conclusion, however.

But that NZ game is not something I'm going to take seriously. Nonetheless, I always rated Mashrafe bin Mortaza very highly, from the time I first saw him in 2003. Not for a second am I saying he's not a very, very good bowler, you certainly don't need to go telling me that. I did wonder whether the injury might ruin him, but thankfully it seems not to have.
    Hopefully Mashrafe will stay fit enough throughout most of his career , however, I do not have much doubt over the Bangladeshi bowlers, but I do have a lot of doubt over the batsmen. They all start out flashy and then go on to become a Aftab or a Ashraful .....just look at Tamim, exciting player, but reminds me too much of the other two who came to the cricket world at a similar age and made did such feats at first. Now they are nowhere to being as consistant!

Hope Tamim turns out to be an eventual Jayasuryia *hopes too high* !!!!!
    Prowling tiger crouching low
    Ready to unleash its lethal blow
    Its eyes on the mighty prey
    Today the hunter will become the hunted!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    But I am not arguing that he is a great ODI batsman, and he does average 35. But an 'average' of 35 means some will be lower, and some higher. If they were all higher, his average would be Tendulkar . Averaging 30 means he has been useful with the bat.
    well he is certainly a useful player and an explosive one and on his day, a runaway matchwinner, that was not the point when we started this, consistency was...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    well he is certainly a useful player and an explosive one and on his day, a runaway matchwinner, that was not the point when we started this, consistency was...
    Exactly. He is consistent. I never said he was the best ODI batsman ever. But he is consistent enough to be useful in 19/26 series he played during that period, which was my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information