• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

which non top 8 ranked team will most likely qualfy for super 8?

which of the bottom 8 ranked country's will most likely make Super 8?

• Total voters

Sir Don Bradman

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh would be the obvious, but they would have to beat Sri Lanka or India.
I chose Canada, might have a slight chance of defeating Kenya, England or New Zealand

The_Bunny

State Regular
Considering Ireland has done well so far and its in one of the easier draws I'm surprised it doesnt have any votes....

Steulen

International Regular
I voted Kenya. They will beat Canada, normally, and then they´re up against two of the least consistent ODI sides around. It´d take only one win.

I don´t think India and Sri Lanka will slip up against Bangladesh.

Ireland might beat Zimbabwe but they´d have to win a second game which I cannot see them do.

Netherlands and Scotland are in the toughest group, sadly.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Bangladesh - and if they had been in the England-NZ or Pakistan-WI group I would have given them a real chance. They MIGHT just beat one of SL or India but not both - so even if they did they would need to rely on the team they beat losing an other match because I reckon the other two will beat Bermuda easier which is important for net RR. Still dav Whatmore has caused WC shocks before...

i_cricket

Cricket Spectator
It has to be Kenya. They can beat 1 of England and New Zealand. For Bangladesh, they would have qualified had they been in Pool C or D. However, they will produce close matches against India and Sri Lanka and maybe even qualify if they get lucky. They did beat New Zealand and NZ beat Sri Lanka in the warm-ups. Even Ireland stand a little chance, they have beaten West Indies 3 times in 7 matches already and Pakistan are one of the most inconsistent teams in the big-8 and also they are without their 2 main fast bowlers. Scotland also have some chance as they get to face Australia who have made 5 consecutive ODI losses, if in last WC Australia had a record-breaking ODI win run, maybe this time they can atleast break their record of 6 consecutive losses, u wish.

Would be interesting if 2 non top-8 teams made it to super-8. However i have a feeling that despite an upset, the non-top 8 teams might miss out on the super-8 spot due to poor NRR. It has happened with Nepal twice in u-19 WCs.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I think both Kenya and Bangladesh have a chance, if they play well, and have a little luck on their side. I'm looking forward to some upsets, especially from those two teams.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Voted for Bangladesh. Had they been in Pool C or D (as i_cricket mentioned in an earlier post), there would be a slightly better chance of them passing to the next round.

They would most definitely roll through Bermuda, but Sri Lanka I think will be atougher challenge for them than India!!!!!

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya have a difficult match first up against Canada. If they get a win here, and they should, they could well go on to upset one of the other two, especially if the Test teams have not done their homework and assume an easy win. Any Test side that takes that approach could end up embarrassed.

It would be really great for cricket if one or two upset sides do get through.

haroon510

International 12th Man
lol god of cricket it is a cricket game
one has to win or lose.
i said that cuz india is my least fivrate team to watch lol ( iam not pakistani or bangladishi to make this clear.). part of the reason for that is that they could never have an exciting fast bowler like polly, donald, shoaib, wasim, waqar, nitini and so on. i watch cricket for fast bowlers only. sometimes spin bowling if murli, or warni would be playing but i love to see fast bowlers in action.
thier bating line up is pretty strong with Ganguly coming back. Sechin would be my all time fivrate cricketer but thier fast bowling department hasn't improve for years.

Fiery

Banned
The odds of 34 to 1 of Bangladesh making the Super 8s are very tempting actually. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they tip India over either

Last edited: