• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

minnows xi

i_cricket

Cricket Spectator
How about putting together a Minnows XI from the non-test teams playing in the World cup?

Ravindu Shah
*John Davison
Ryan ten Doeschate
Eoin Morgan
Gavin Hamilton
Steve Tikolo
+Ashish Bagai
Trent Johnston
Thomas Odoyo
Dwayne Leverock
Peter Ongondo

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Davison is dire with the bat these days, gotta find someone better. Tikolo should be higher up too, he's the best batsman in the side.

Niall O'Brien from Ireland has to be there averages 30 as a keeper in arguably the 2nd strongest domestic comp in the world the County Championship.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Good idea. Ryan Watson of Scotland instead of Davison and Ireland's Niall O''Brein as WK would be my changes.

Steulen

International Regular
Darron Reekers as opening bat and opening bowler should be there imo. Otherwise a pretty solid XI

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
What about...

John Davison
Bas Zuiderent
Ryan Watson
Steve Tikolo
Ryan Ten Doeschate
Eoin Morgan
Niall O'Brien
Thomas Odoyo
Paul Hoffmann
Dave Langford Smith
Dwayne Leverock

i_cricket

Cricket Spectator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Davison is dire with the bat these days, gotta find someone better. Tikolo should be higher up too, he's the best batsman in the side.
Davison did explode in a few matches in the World cricket league and helped Canada chase down 312 against Ireland. Also, his 2003 WC heroics are still remembered.

AussieDominance said:
Niall O'Brien from Ireland has to be there averages 30 as a keeper in arguably the 2nd strongest domestic comp in the world the County Championship.
Ashish Bagai hit 2 centuries and was the man of the series in the WCL and in ICC ratings, he is the best batsman from non-test teams which made his inclusion in this side.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Davison did explode in a few matches in the World cricket league and helped Canada chase down 312 against Ireland. Also, his 2003 WC heroics are still remembered.
Well if we're giving away World XI (albeit non-test nations, but the point still stands) spots based on 4 years ago then...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can't believe i am seeing a minnow side with not a single Bangladesh player. Surely players like Mushrafe Mortaza and Shariar Nafees could be making the minnow XI.

LazyCricketer

Cricket Spectator
I'm quite partial to Majid Haq from Scotland who has scored 310 runs and taken 12 wickets in his first 10 ODI games and Henry Osinde from Canada who averages in the 20s in bowling from a small number of first class, list A and international ODIs. Hemp would make it if he could produce his old county form. An average of 36 with 26 centuries is not bad.

Isn't the politically correct name for these countries the "Associate Nations"?