Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am going through hell' - Shoaib

U19 Captain

I am going through hell' - Shoaib

Cricinfo staff

March 8, 2007

Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif will be missing in action for the second time in a major tournament, having missed the Champions Trophy last year © AFP

Shoaib Akhtar is "going through hell" after failing to make it to the World Cup in the Caribbean. He was withdrawn from Pakistan's squad on fitness grounds a week ago, after failing to recover from knee and hamstring injuries.

"I can't describe it in words what it means to miss an event like the World Cup," Akhtar, the pace bowler, told AFP. "I am going through hell. I have been waiting for this event for two years and to play in a cricket-loving region like the Caribbean was my dream. Not being able to play in the World Cup is like taking all my dreams away."

Akhtar said he had played only one match in the West Indies in 2000 and was anxious to play because every paceman wanted to do well in the Caribbean, which is known as a fast bowlers' paradise. Already 31, this is also likely to be his last World Cup, a fact he appeared to confirm. "I wanted to be in the Caribbean and I wanted to help my team win but unfortunately my injury forced me to miss the big event and the chance will never come again."

His new-ball partner Mohammad Asif was also pulled out of the 15-man squad due to an elbow injury, badly hitting Pakistan's chances in the World Cup. Though injuries remain the official reasons for their withdrawal it is understood that continuing doping-related concerns clinched the issue. The pair tested positive last year for Nandrolone in internal dope tests conducted just before the Champions Trophy got underway, but their bans were eventually overturned, much to the chagrin of the global cricket community.

But Akhtar said it was not new that people doubted his injury. "I have always played to the best of my abilities but people have doubted my integrity. My injuries are always doubted as if I am feigning it and I always had to prove that I am unfit. People don't understand. Why would I not the play the game I love?"

He has plans to start training again in two weeks, once the knee injury has healed. "My next target is the Twenty20 World Cup and then we have two good home series against South Africa and Australia, so I will gear up for them."

© Cricinfo

only god can judge people

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    only god can judge people
    and Chuck Norris. Shoaib doesn't deserve to play any more international cricket, he should be thankful for getting off ridiculously lightly.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

U19 Debutant
    ^ sure he deserves to play. if buttholes, racists, match fixers, hypocrites, and morons can get to play...then why not him.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    My immediate reaction on seeing the title of this thread was "serves him right, he's a drug cheat". Don't see that opinion changing much any time soon, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    and Chuck Norris. Shoaib doesn't deserve to play any more international cricket, he should be thankful for getting off ridiculously lightly.

if u r talking about the article that was written in " the surfer", i found that article pretty baised for some reason. it is my opinion. it is a free world every one is entitled to his or her opinion. what i think is that shoaib is being critisized not for drug cheat, or any other off or on field actions but for the fact that he " turned on against Aussies". i just don't see the fairness here. before shoaib akhter, one of the most conterversial cricketer was Shane warne. i don't hate Shane warne. he is one of my fivrate cricketers but in his career he has been involved from match fixing to drug cheat to even *** scandles. he is considered to be legend now and shoaib akhter who wasn't involve in half of the conterversies that shane warne was involved don't deserve to play. that show unfairness.
    then there is comments of cricketers like hayden, symonds and even the legendary allen border critising shoaib and asif while forgeting that one of his own country man and fellow cricketer once used drugs also just proves this has to do with something personal then the drug issuesor any other on and off field issues of shoaib akhter.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_sparrow View Post
    ^ sure he deserves to play. if buttholes, racists, match fixers, hypocrites, and morons can get to play...then why not him.
    If anyone's put him through hell, it's himself.

If buttholes weren't allowed to play, there'd be no World CUp - everyone has one.

As for hyprocrites, well the whole thing is being run by the ICC afterall.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    If buttholes weren't allowed to play, there'd be no World CUp - everyone has one.
    Mike Hussey has a butthole? Surely not!
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Mike Hussey has a butthole? Surely not!

U19 Vice-Captain
    He should be out of cricket for two years, after that he should be allowed to play once again.However i don't think that he will be able to play again after two year long absence.

very sorry for the bloke, hopefully he can come back later this year bowling quickly as usual & give Pakistan's bowling attack some needed cutting edge in what would be the last phase of his controversial career.

Should have thought about Hell before you took steroids, shouldn't you?

I have no sympathy for dopers, I think doping bring disrepute to a gentleman's game, anyone caught doping should be banned for life, end of story.

If Mr.Akhtar ever gets to play the game again then he should consider himself lucky.

serves him right, no one likes a cheat.

R_D
    Hopefully won't see him playing criket again, that'll be best. His own fault, don't feel one bit sorry for him or Asif. They are lucky they haven't even goten any punishment for it.
    ICC should do a drug test and ban these cheats for life, no need for drug cheats in cricket or in any sport for that matter.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    Should have thought about Hell before you took steroids, shouldn't you?
    Maybe he didn't knowingly take them...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_sparrow View Post
    I can't recall anyone testing positive for being a butthole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information