• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team has the worst bowling attack among the top8?

Which Team has the worst bowling attack in the World Cup

• Australia

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • England

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Indies

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Which team has the worst bowling attack in the top 8 teams in the world cup?
take the conditions in WI into consideration when deciding that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan comfortably. And in most conditions too. I thoroughly expect to be embarrassed by this comment in a couple of weeks. Or even by Tuesday end.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan, but India could potentially be worse if their bowling attack loses it like they've done frequently in ODI finals. If/when New Zealand lose Bond it would possibly be them.

Mr Mxyzptlk

^ Same can be said of every team bar South Africa.

Tbh, Australia can't be boasting either. Without Lee and with McGrath off-colour it's not a hugely potent attack. Take Bracken out and it's a very weak attack.

None of the teams have a particularly strong bowling attack for West Indies conditions, but South Africa appears to pose the most strength bowler for bowler.

ozone

First Class Debutant
IMO Pakistan have no potency any more. Of all the attacks in the world cup, theres is, on paper, the weakest. However, Sami has proved himself to be a good bowler in the past and could come good again.

Mr Mxyzptlk

IMO Pakistan have no potency any more. Of all the attacks in the world cup, theres is, on paper, the weakest. However, Sami has proved himself to be a good bowler in the past and could come good again.
No. No he hasn't. He was never a good bowler. If he plays New Zealand all the time he'd probably be alright though.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
In what way? 4-1 have gone for the obvious choice.
Pakistan is out an Out the worst bowling side..though only from 5 votes...i wanna see a larger sample..before i start my argument about how underrated we are..and then ask why Pakistan is rated so low

Mr Mxyzptlk

Do you really need justification?

Ok. Pakistan has a poor bowling attack because, surprise surprise, it's comprised of poor bowlers. Iftikhar Anjum and Danish Kaneria are very poor ODI bowlers. Mohammad Sami and Azhar Mahmood are extremely mediocre ODI bowlers. Yasir Arafat has done nothing for Pakistan to suggest that he's any more worthwhile. Rana Naved is perhaps the most over-rated bowler in ODI cricket, and another mediocre bowler.

Umar Gul is an okay bowler. He and Shahid Afridi are the best bowlers in Pakistan attack at the moment.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer

Ok. Pakistan has a poor bowling attack because, surprise surprise, it's comprised of poor bowlers. Iftikhar Anjum and Danish Kaneria are very poor ODI bowlers. Mohammad Sami and Azhar Mahmood are extremely mediocre ODI bowlers. Yasir Arafat has done nothing for Pakistan to suggest that he's any more worthwhile. Rana Naved is perhaps the most over-rated bowler in ODI cricket, and another mediocre bowler.

Umar Gul is an okay bowler. He and Shahid Afridi are the best bowlers in Pakistan attack at the moment.
well actually i was gonna thread about the most under rated bowling side in the world cup but for that i had to prove if pakistan is actually under rated, so far this poll has served my purpose but i will wait for it to become a decent sample before i answer your questions

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Having Afridi as one of the best bowlers in an attack is plain proof that the attack is dire, without Asif and Akhtar.

ozone

First Class Debutant

Agree with bits of this. Iftikhar Anjum and Danish Kaneria are both definately not up to ODI standard. However, Sami tends to be very hit and miss which, although not a good thing, can give Pakistan a good attacking edge when he is on form. Rana Naveed, although over-rated, is still a decent bowler. Also agree that Afridi is a good bowler but I feel he is underated and is better than the part-timer which he is usually considered as.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sami tends to be very hit and miss which, although not a good thing, can give Pakistan a good attacking edge when he is on form.
25 wickets in his last 27 ODI matches.
An average of 45.32.
An economy rate of 5.16.
A S/R of 52.60.
Only one instance of more than 2 wickets in an innings.

How often has Mohammad Sami "hit" lately? All he seems to do is miss.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
25 wickets in his last 27 ODI matches.
An average of 45.32.
An economy rate of 5.16.
A S/R of 52.60.
Only one instance of more than 2 wickets in an innings.

How often has Mohammad Sami "hit" lately? All he seems to do is miss.
Sami has a better Avg than front line bowlers like Collymore and Sreesanth...he never really got a consistent run lately because Asif and Akhtar kept keep coming in and out.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Fair Point. Theres no way to dress up the fact that he has played dreadfully for the majority of the past three years. However, he has still had games where he has bowled really well. I remember him bowling a couple of awesome spells against England in Pakistan in 2005/6. Statistics don't always tell the whole story.

Can I just state again that I feel Pakistan are the weakest bowling attack (to get back to the title of the thread).

haroon510

International 12th Man
many congrats pakistan is again the winner of a thread if not the world cup and this poll proves it.
no mater how much we argue who is good who isn't, a bowling line up in name of sami, navid, anjum and kuneria is weaker than any of the 7 top test nations. thier current form and records prove this.
the only bride side is azhar mahmood which i think he can be better than any of those above in the series and one of the the biggest asset for pakistan in world cup. off course afridi is better than any of those bowlers also. i voted for pakistan and hope i hope they prove me wrong during world cup.