• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team has the worst bowling attack among the top8?

Which Team has the worst bowling attack in the World Cup

• Australia

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • England

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Indies

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
sirdj said:
I did not say test ranking I said a general ranking not specific to ODI or test.
Don't recall you saying that before my Harmison :laugh: , but if you did fair enough. Either way, this is a WC discussion so test match performance is hardly relevant, right?
sirdj said:
Thirdly, you specifically said that I did not know my cricket. Normally in a cricket forum that would have meant an insult and I would have dealt with such a rude comment in an appropriate manner. However I chose to inform you that I do know about cricket and have been following it for years.
Yes, I may have overreacted because I read a comment which IMO was absolutely pathetic regardless of who posted it. I apologize if it came off as insulting but you should reply to counterarguments with counterarguments, not merely a statement of how long you've been following cricket. I know people who have followed cricket for 30 years and still have a superficial understanding of it. I'll respect one's knowledge of cricket when I see quality posts.

Last edited:

The_Bunny

State Regular
I made that statement without going all all websites to check the rankings.
however if you have 2 Bangladeshi bowlers at 11 and 12 ahead of the likes of Flintoff, Nel, Hall and Kallis
Anderson, Harmison and the rest of the Aussie bowlers to that list

can you really take this ranking that seriously??
That would have alot to do with them facing mainly "minnow" teams in recent matches.....
Plaing in the world cup should level the rankings out a little bit ;)

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Umar Gul is a better ODI bowler than Mohammed Asif...so ppl who are erasing Pakistan chances just b/c of bowlers are daydreaming.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Umar Gul is a better ODI bowler than Mohammed Asif...so ppl who are erasing Pakistan chances just b/c of bowlers are daydreaming.

GUl is fine but what about the rests??

One decent bowler, doesn't make a side a world beater.Not that GUl is a match winner or anything, he just happen to be better than the likes of Rao's ,Rana's etc

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Gillespie is hardly proven, but he's shown potential. And don't forget Kyle Mills, he has made some big improvements over the last 18 months. Jeetan Patel hasn't exactly let down New Zealand when he's played either.
I didn't include Mills as I was talikng about the WC but yes he is a good one day bowler and NZ will badly miss him.I forgot about Patel who did impress me in the CB series.Where in my post did I say that Gillespie was proven?.You could say the same for Mason.