• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most luckiest player at the wc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, that Fletcher knew that 17 years later he'd be picking Hick for England when Hick didn't deserve it?

I mean, I know he's good but I don't think he can see that far into the future!

(I also somewhat doubt he was much involved in the selection process of Zimbabwe in '83, either.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's fair enough for SA to let a certain amount of black players into the team after over 200 years of bigotry
Racism is fair enough to make good the damage of over years of racism? Fair logic, that.

Allowing substandard black players to play ahead of deserving white players is not a fair solution. Because that continues a classification of players - people! - into colours, which is the foundation of racism.

You pick players on worth, not on the colour of their skin.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Something else that plays a part...

You can't undo decades of injustices. Nothing and nothing will change the fact that those of the 1950s, 60s, etc. were treated appallingly. Favouring their offspring does no good.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Sajid Mahmood (at one stage he was going at 4 an over even against BERMUDA FGS). Please pick ANYONE against NZ rather than him...

pup11

International Coach
Sehwag is really lucky to be in the final 15, and its only because Dravid wanted him to be there in the 15 as the selectors were not going to select him otherwise. Whether he performs or not in WC is a different thing but his place currently is not justified at all.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
2 things...

1, if we've got 1 ****ed-up thread title, I'd honestly prefer the copycat thread's title to be similar. :laugh:

2, the lad who started this thread is only 10.
1. Yeah, I suppose that works

2. Only 10? Thats quite something. Perhaps the most youngest poster on CW? :p

i_cricket

Cricket Spectator
Dinesh Kartik based on just 1 knock of 63 and Virender Sehwag despite poor performances with the bat

Rich2001

International Captain
I'll think Sehwag has to count his lucky stars really - Just hope that if Sehwag does do poorly that they don't come and pick on Dravid.