• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warmups

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Figured these games deserved a thread, as the first one starts tonight between England and Bermuda. Don't think many of them are being shown on TV here though, just Australia and England on the 10th.

Got a feeling England might win tonight.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Would expect some of the Bermudan players to go missing in action....

Coat please!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not convinced of the benefit to ourselves of playing Bermuda, in all honesty. I don't think any team should need practice in playing minnows. & why Oz again?! It's not like we haven't just played them six times...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are you sure its tonight, and not starting Monday night/Tuesday morning (Aus time) Faaip?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, thought so.

Live betting (:lol::laugh::lol:) on bet365 begins at 12:30am Tuesday Morning here in Melbourne.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, got the time mixed up.

Anyway, apparently they are 13-a-side games, which is quite funny for Australia, given they only have 12 fit and available players.

PATRIOTIC

Cricket Spectator
Whats the rules say regarding baned players. I am talking about someone like Afridi who is banned for 4 ODIs. Can he play A status practice games?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No games involving more or less than 11 players per side have ever been given First-Class or List-A-one-day status.

With the exception, obviously, of legalised substitutions as defined under National Board and I$C$C regulations.

There's a difference between that and the continuous chopping-and-changing involved in 15-a-side and the like games.

These games are not List-A-OD games.

Last edited: