• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warmups

pup11

International Coach
I think Tait is doing a superb job atm, as Ponting said he doing everything expected of him.

He swung the new ball early on in the innings, reverse swinged it late in the innings and ripped through the tail and his pace was right up there through the game, i think thats basically what you expect your strike bowler to do. The likes of Bracks, Pidge,Watson, and Clark need to keep it tight on these sort of wickets IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That just shows that teams can't take the minnows lightly. NZ and England will have to be extremely careful when they take on Kenya.
Or perhaps it shows the folly of basing any evaluation whatsoever on practice games...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mahela :@ if he cant score vs bermuda this will get into the sl system badly
If I remember correctly, he was in terrible form last 'cup.
He barely made 20 runs, had a horrible time. Batted 7 in the semi vs. Aus actually, with Sanga batting 6. How times have changed.
M Jayawardene just isn't that good in ODIs, that's pretty obvious. Same as Younis Khan, Michael Vaughan, Michael Slater, etc.

pasag

RTDAS
Nice stuff by Australia, pity there is no replay of the game on Foxtel. Hope there is something on youtube.

Real shame about Fulton as well, hope he's not out for long.

Laurrz

International Debutant
try http://www.foxsports.com.au/ the video section... on the right

i love Gilly's six :)

he keeped really well too...up the stumps to Bracken McGrath and Clark
i just hope he can maintain this for the whole series i dont want him to tire or whatever in the final if we get there

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
mahela :@ if he cant score vs bermuda this will get into the sl system badly
I think if he does not score against Bermuda and Bangladesh (by this I mean a minimum of 40 plus runs ) seriously he may need to be dropped and captaincy handed back to Marvan, because he then becomes a liability.

For the India game , the selectors and coach must seriously consider dropping him down the order . So the line up against India could be -

Sanath J
Tharanga
Sangakkara
Chamara Silva
Dilshan
Mahela
Atapattu

pup11

International Coach
Mahela is a class act and it won't take long before he gets his odi form back on track, but i would like him to bat at #4 rather than at #6.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think if he does not score against Bermuda and Bangladesh (by this I mean a minimum of 40 plus runs ) seriously he may need to be dropped and captaincy handed back to Marvan, because he then becomes a liability.

For the India game , the selectors and coach must seriously consider dropping him down the order . So the line up against India could be -

Sanath J
Tharanga
Sangakkara
Chamara Silva
Dilshan
Mahela
Atapattu
Waste of Atapattu's talent having him that low IMO.

Must bat three for me.

irfan

State Captain
Someone needs to educate me on the exact purpose Sehwag serves in the Indian team.

After the warmup match against the West Indies, the Indian thinktank have appointed Virender Sehwag as their new golf coach for their overseas golfing escapades.

Viru revels in his new role as he can flash his clubs constantly without worrying about nicking the golf ball or moving his feet.

Speaking exclusively to CricketWeb about his new position, Sehwag reveals " I just feel I should go back and play my natural game "

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
After the warmup match against the West Indies, the Indian thinktank have appointed Virender Sehwag as their new golf coach for their overseas golfing escapades.

Viru revels in his new role as he can flash his clubs constantly without worrying about nicking the golf ball or moving his feet.

Speaking exclusively to CricketWeb about his new position, Sehwag reveals " I just feel I should go back and play my natural game "
Should be in the Humour section but anyways :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They are a business but they are there to give all the latest on the world cricket. Remember, I am not asking them to update me on football.

If you are updating a match and negleting the others, what that mean? Update complately or leave it! dont update like a stop............start ............wait.......go ahead.....updates.... . Either update ball by ball for all the matches or else sit quietly.

When they update scores ball after ball for ranji trophy matches, why cant they do for warm ups when all the world is interested in.

It's pity that we are Stiill relying on just updates for the world cup warm ups even this era of 21st century.
I'll say it a second time (since you and others ignored it the first time)

They can only update based on games for which they have TV coverage on. And by that it is TV coverage in the UK (where they're still mainly based)

Now I don't actually have Sky, but I'll wager they weren't showing all the warmups live...