• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warmups

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And here I was under the impression that you actually need to spend time in the middle to get used to the conditions....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Smith, de Villiers, Kallis and Gibbs all back in the sheds for South Africa. One more quickly and this could get a bit interesting.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, wish I'd put something on Ireland to win. Would be classic.

Minnows generally doing well today. Bermuda not being humiliated either, all things considered. Could get messy if KP stays in though.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
i didnt see this thread and made another on on cc..hehe

anyway...i knew this was coming..saffers were sooooooooo overrated...they will win this one but what a way to start a campaign

Slow Love™

International Captain
i didnt see this thread and made another on on cc..hehe

anyway...i knew this was coming..saffers were sooooooooo overrated...they will win this one but what a way to start a campaign
I don't think I'd take anything out of these warmup games, really, when it comes to being an indicator of how teams will fare. It's like when any visiting team turns up and plays a few domestics - it takes a while to acclimatise.

Not that it takes anything away from its humor value should any of these teams lose to a minnow. :) Sri Lanka seem the least likely, they're somewhat awesome when it comes to some good ol' minnow bashing.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I don't think I'd take anything out of these warmup games, really, when it comes to being an indicator of how teams will fare. It's like when any visiting team turns up and plays a few domestics - it takes a while to acclimatise.

Not that it takes anything away from its humor value should any of these teams lose to a minnow. :) Sri Lanka seem the least likely, they're somewhat awesome when it comes to some good ol' minnow bashing.
actually sri lanka is another team going with very high expectations but lesser substance, although they will adopt to the conditions better than SA and they might actuallly feel at home but not championship material

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
actually sri lanka is another team going with very high expectations but lesser substance, although they will adopt to the conditions better than SA and they might actuallly feel at home but not championship material
What's that got to do with whether or not they'll beat Scotland?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Both the Irish guys who are taking wickets against SA are from New South Wales. Our entire bowling attack is from New South Wales. I'm prepared to read plenty into this.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Actually, I picked these two teams to have it out in the final. :laugh:

Who do you pick as the most likely winners? I mean of the whole shebang.

Slow Love™

International Captain
these 3 teams will be very dangerous if they make it to the semi finals
Eng,WI and Pak
Aus still fav
Interesting - can't see England making the final four despite their recent heroics, and I have this weird feeling that Pakistan are gonna be a real no-show this WC, but you never know with them.