• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Total of 500+ possible - Chappel and Manjreakar

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Might as well knock another four in there and make it 700.
I would have said the same thing about almost 900 runs in one match. But 500 isn't too far off. Someone will do it, within the next two-three years I think. Hopefully that would be a safe total though.

Craig

World Traveller
I would have said the same thing about almost 900 runs in one match. But 500 isn't too far off. Someone will do it, within the next two-three years I think. Hopefully that would be a safe total though.
You would think so, but it probably won't :mellow:

I don't think it will happen, I doubt the the likes of Ireland and the rest would be that dire to concede that amount of runs and I'm 100% certain that is the last thing they would want to be noted for.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Its possible if someone like Gilchrist, Gayle, Sehwag or Jayasuria etc really get going against a minnow

Evermind

International Debutant
If Aus and SA can do 434 against each other (top 2 bowling attacks in the world), I'm sure they can get 500 against a minnow on a small ground. It's only what, 60+ runs more?

adharcric

International Coach
Well, I'm certainly not taking minnows into account. That would be a pointless argument - hell, I'm sure the Aussies could score 800 against my college side.
Let's talk international cricket between international-class cricketing nations.

FRAZ

International Captain
If more and more unfavorable laws will be made for the bowlers then no wonder 500 is a possibility . Just plain ridiculous !!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If one of the big 8 decides to bat first against the minnows I'd say it's a distinct possibility. Sri Lanka or India batting first against Bermuda could be sheer murder.

Scmods

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"If someone does get 500 there's going to be some bad bowling going on because that amounts to scoring at 10 runs an over," said Ian, without ruling out the possibility of just such a thing occurring. "With the lesser teams around it might happen.
Next on Wheel of Fortune, Ian Chappell. Special subject the bleeding obvious.

pup11

International Coach
500 runs are huge, and there is on way its gonna be scored against an international side in the near future, but when both the Chappell brothers sit together they are bound to come up with such senseless crap.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Aus and SA can do 434 against each other (top 2 bowling attacks in the world), I'm sure they can get 500 against a minnow on a small ground. It's only what, 60+ runs more?
But they weren't the top 2 bowling-attacks, the best 2 seamers in The World were missing (coincidentally, one on either side).

Had either been in the side, never mind both, you're mad if you think such a game would be possible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If one of the big 8 decides to bat first against the minnows I'd say it's a distinct possibility. Sri Lanka or India batting first against Bermuda could be sheer murder.
Or Jayasuriya could cut his 1st ball to third-man and that could be that...

Hope not, mind - would love to see him slam 140 off 80 balls. :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
500 runs are huge, and there is on way its gonna be scored against an international side in the near future, but when both the Chappell brothers sit together they are bound to come up with such senseless crap.
If you'd said 434 would be chased successfully a few years ago people would say that's "senseless crap" as well. I don't think 500 is out of the question, although it's something I'd rather not see.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There's no doubt 500 is possible. I don't think it's actually likely to happen any time soon, but any match with a good batting lineup against weak bowling, a flat pitch and a couple of short boundaries means its on the cards.

pup11

International Coach
500 is very much possible if a strong team is pitted against a minnow, but when 2 good teams clash against each other then the chances of such a huge score being made is very bleak[in the near future, i might add.]

Though if the pitches in the Caribbean are batsmen friendly then scores of 400 might become the norm in the world cup.