• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC name World Cup Umpires

Slow Love™

International Captain
Asoka de Silva?
He's ****ing back.
For the 3rd time.
:laugh: Can't keep a mediocre umpire down. He's obviously in the International Panel, rather than the Elite one.

Looking at the ICC's site, I noticed that Hair is still listed as being on the Elite panel, in spite of his latest ODI appearance being updated (Kenya v Scotland last month). Fairly sloppy, but I wondered if anybody had been promoted to the Elite panel in his absence, or if they're just running at nine members for the moment.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
:laugh: Can't keep a mediocre umpire down. He's obviously in the International Panel, rather than the Elite one.

Looking at the ICC's site, I noticed that Hair is still listed as being on the Elite panel, in spite of his latest ODI appearance being updated (Kenya v Scotland last month). Fairly sloppy, but I wondered if anybody had been promoted to the Elite panel in his absence, or if they're just running at nine members for the moment.
To be honest though, isn't he still on the panel, just not able to officiate anywhere?

Slow Love™

International Captain
I've never called him "Billy", myself, TBH.

Nor have most of the high-ranking NZers.
Surely an oxymoron.

So is it really the case that Hair's still on the Elite panel, without being able to officiate matches between full member countries? I thought it was just an instance of the website being poorly maintained. Seems fairly bizarre if it's how it is - would he be drawing a wage appropriate to his position?