• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict World Cup Finalists

Predict World Cup Finalists

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evermind

International Debutant
I can't speak much for Aus or NZ but Britain is certainly far from a "white" country in the most despicable sense of the word. Hell, the team itself even demonstrates at the current time.

Why anyone would brand a team a "white team" is beyond me.
Clumsy, not prejudiced. If these things get you so riled up...hey, have you heard of this thing called "global warming"?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have you even heard me discuss the thing?

Not to mention rainforest destruction, ozone-layer destruction and a host of other environmental potential-catastrophes.

Until you have, don't attempt to contextualise.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Err - why?

IBH is universally recognised as a tool.
Listen to me you idiot, there is no need to insult members without being provoked. I just quoted a statement of Bedi, and i had no intention of branding Eng, Aus as white nation or anything, i was just surprised to learn that Bedi had completely written off all Asian teams.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
IBH, no need to disrespect Richard, he is a widely respected member of CW forum so stop being a dick.

IBH, you are the one provoking the members here, when you post about a racial comment made by Bedi you should have also produced the link to his interview.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^I don't think IBH is a tool....Richard may be mistaken on this occasion. Also don't think IBH has much to apologise for in this instance...he felt insulted and responded.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listen to me you idiot, there is no need to insult members without being provoked. I just quoted a statement of Bedi, and i had no intention of branding Eng, Aus as white nation or anything, i was just surprised to learn that Bedi had completely written off all Asian teams.
Meh, had a chance to claim the moral high ground and blew it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
^I don't think IBH is a tool....Richard may be mistaken on this occasion. Also don't think IBH has much to apologise for in this instance...he felt insulted and responded.
You don't believe IBH is a duplicate account? :blink:

Dasa

You don't believe IBH is a duplicate account? :blink:
It might be a duplicate account, but commenting on the content of the posts, I don't think IBH's posts are that bad....I remember them being a lot worse, but like a lot of people there's been quite a bit of improvement.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
IBH, no need to disrespect Richard, he is a widely respected member of CW forum so stop being a dick.

IBH, you are the one provoking the members here, when you post about a racial comment made by Bedi you should have also produced the link to his interview.
Being a respected member doesn't mean that you get a right to insult others.Tell me where have i provoked anyone here? To say that i provoked western ppl by mentioning Bedi's statement is close to insanity, my post had to do with WC fav's , unfortunately a crazy member tried to make an issue out of nothing .

Steulen

International Regular
I went for the obvious SA vs Aus.

Though I have a nice internal pendulum swing going on with regard to SA's chances in this tournament. I think they are by and large the best ODI team out there (swings towards they'll win it), but they do not have good slower bowlers and might choke again (swings towards they'll fail again).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It might be a duplicate account, but commenting on the content of the posts, I don't think IBH's posts are that bad....I remember them being a lot worse, but like a lot of people there's been quite a bit of improvement.
This current lot may not be but the previous ones were no different to wah, nehrafan, sheerindianspeed, etc.

Dasa

This current lot may not be but the previous ones were no different to wah, nehrafan, sheerindianspeed, etc.
IBH is making some pretty decent posts at the moment. I think a second chance is in order....plenty of people here have started out pretty poorly and improved a great deal as time has gone on.

pup11

International Coach
I have my serious doubts over penetration of the South African bowling attack on slow and low surfaces which are in probability gonna be the norm through the WC.
They don't have any good spinners and their fast bowlers like Nel and Ntini also thrive on seamer friendly conditions to do well. IMO, Pollock and Kallis are their only two bowlers who can adapt their bowling according to the slow and low nature of the deck and do well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
IBH is making some pretty decent posts at the moment. I think a second chance is in order....plenty of people here have started out pretty poorly and improved a great deal as time has gone on.
That's like giving BingLee or alexkumar a 2nd chance IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I originally selected SA V SL, but after last nights game it has become apparent just how one dimensional the African bowling attack is.

I still think the semis will be SL, Aus, NZ and SA and am predicting a SL v Aus final

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I originally selected SA V SL, but after last nights game it has become apparent just how one dimensional the African bowling attack is.
Not really - we know nothing now that we didn't always do.

Hayden knocks cannot happen many if any more times.