• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict World Cup Finalists

Predict World Cup Finalists

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Former Indian spinner Bedi has predicted that a white nation will win the WC, and is of the opinion that all Asians will fare poorly in WC.

Considering that wkts in WI are helpfull to spinners, chances of Indians and Lanks doing well in WC should be actualy high, wonder how Bedi is wrighting Asians off?
The pitches will vary, the tournament proper is taking place over a month and a half over twelve stadia. Bedi is probably writing the Asian sides off based on their performance in the Champions Trophy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or more appropriately white countries .(Aus,Eng or NZ)
I can't speak much for Aus or NZ but Britain is certainly far from a "white" country in the most despicable sense of the word. Hell, the team itself even demonstrates at the current time.

Why anyone would brand a team a "white team" is beyond me.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I can't speak much for Aus or NZ but Britain is certainly far from a "white" country in the most despicable sense of the word. Hell, the team itself even demonstrates at the current time.

Maybe Bedi shouldn't have used the term white, but what he was trying to say was that any one of Aus,Enag or NZ can win the cup and teams like India,Lanka and Wi have no chance of winning the cup

Majin

International Debutant
Think the Aborigines and the Maoris would have something to say about that too, tbh. (not that there are lots of them playing in the teams, but still.) Stupid thing to say, really.

Not sure about who could get into the final, really.

pup11

International Coach
I think Bedi owes an apology to all teams concerned immediately, this is a pure racist statement from Bedi and their ain't any running around from that.

He is an arrogant old man who thinks he is the next best thing in cricket after Sir Donald Bradman.

But after saying all that i would also like to see the link to his interview. Link please!!

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
pakistan india match at that level at their intensity would be good. sa and australia would also be something to dream about

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I think Bedi owes an apology to all teams concerned immediately, this is a pure racist statement from Bedi and their ain't any running around from that.

He is an arrogant old man who thinks he is the next best thing in cricket after Sir Donald Bradman.
TBH, I have no issue with it at all. We all know what he means. If people want to get their panties in a twist over the smallest thing then thats upto them. Personally, I save my outrage for outrageous acts.

The term 'white', 'black' etc is used everywhere in a simplistic form. We all know what he meant and its no big deal at all.

Despite large scale immigration, England is still has a predominantly white population and is certainly culturally and historically white. His comments may be a little lazy but what is issue?

I dont get how just because a race is mentioned in a statement it is suddenly a stupid thing. People need to chill and live a bit more of life and realise that there is a bad enough world out there without causing extra drama where it doesnt exist.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I don't feel I'm overreacting. I don't neccessarily think it was a comment revealing racist underlying values, but there's simply no need whatsoever to use the term "white country" when there are a million different ones that mean what he intended to say without making the slightest reference to skin-colour, which just doesn't need to be made.

Why make an issue out of what doesn't need to have one made of it?

R_D

International Debutant
TBH, I have no issue with it at all. We all know what he means. If people want to get their panties in a twist over the smallest thing then thats upto them. Personally, I save my outrage for outrageous acts.

The term 'white', 'black' etc is used everywhere in a simplistic form. We all know what he meant and its no big deal at all.

Despite large scale immigration, England is still has a predominantly white population and is certainly culturally and historically white. His comments may be a little lazy but what is issue?

I dont get how just because a race is mentioned in a statement it is suddenly a stupid thing. People need to chill and live a bit more of life and realise that there is a bad enough world out there without causing extra drama where it doesnt exist.
I couldn't agree more. DOn't know why Richard's getting his panties all twisted.

Bedi is complete tool though.

Aus Vs india final.