• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which one of the big 8's will be the first to get knocked out

which super 8 team will get knocked out first from the WC?

• South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • India

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • England

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Surely its gonna be Pakistan, they brief presence will be dull and insipid.Ppl will forget about Akhtar and Asif and will be targetting captain and coach.This WC will bring and end to coach Woolmer, captain Inzi, wicket dropper Akmal and some others.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pakistan for me. Shorn of their two best seamers their bowling looks very mediocre. Gul has potential, but I wouldn't say he was the man to spearhead a tilt at a world cup just yet.

We'd probably be the next most likely shout in all honesty.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Pakistan for me. Shorn of their two best seamers their bowling looks very mediocre. Gul has potential, but I wouldn't say he was the man to spearhead a tilt at a world cup just yet.

We'd probably be the next most likely shout in all honesty.
Not saying we'll win the cup because I know we won't but Pakistan have beaten other top 8 teams with frontline bowlers missing.......I think Pakistan are more than capable of causing 1-2 upsets with the personnel they have.

Nishant

International 12th Man
i'd go for england.....just because i dont think pakistan are all that bad...they still have a lot of good players and the absense of akhtar and asif shouldnt destroy them as such!

But india will beat them anyway! 8-) .....i hope!

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Alot of people understandibly went for pakistan, i still believe pakistan will go to the semis. Akhtar and Asif are no longer available for the world cup which releases alot of threat they posed on teams, but i seriously believe Pakistan, if they play to their potential, can still go as far as the finals. Remember the pitches are subcontinental type and therefore our batsman can cash in. Its a new begining for rana and all the other bowlers, so alot will depend on how they start against the host team. The biggest factor for me would also be how Inzamam performs, his performance will affect the pakistani team as a whole. So before concluding the semi-finalist, i would say its important to see what sort of start each team gets in the tournament.

haroon510

International 12th Man
cricket is a very unpredictable game. in cricket sometimes we see a very weak team defeating word champion (Bang vs Aus). considering that it is really hard to say which team is going to win world cup. which team is going to qualify to finals or semi finals or even get knocked out in the first round. i mean comon how many of u predicted in 2003 world cup that Kenya is going to reach the semi finals before the world cup starts. i am sure none of u.
i still voted for England considering their bad one day record but again it is really hard to say as teams are more balanced now days.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Inzi holds the key, if he performs then he might be able to inspire a few others and then we might surprise a few teams.

FRAZ

International Captain
I and the Pakistani captain , both are traitors . I voted Pakistan cuz Neither me nor the captain have any thing positive to think about the team !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
one quick info i wanna add here

Pak won 3-1 against WI at home in 2006 and 3-0 in WI in 2005 without Asif or Akhtar
Pak won 4-2 against India in India in 2005 without Asif or Akhtar
Pak Defeated SL 3-0 in SL in 2006 without Akhtar
So whats the point ! Every one is entitled to their own opinion and in my opinion Pakistani team sucks with I*** . One cannot impose his/her choice on any one else .
Pakistan here !!!! I voted for it and it'd be a practical selection !

FRAZ

International Captain
Alot of people understandibly went for pakistan, i still believe pakistan will go to the semis. Akhtar and Asif are no longer available for the world cup which releases alot of threat they posed on teams, but i seriously believe Pakistan, if they play to their potential, can still go as far as the finals. Remember the pitches are subcontinental type and therefore our batsman can cash in. Its a new begining for rana and all the other bowlers, so alot will depend on how they start against the host team. The biggest factor for me would also be how Inzamam performs, his performance will affect the pakistani team as a whole. So before concluding the semi-finalist, i would say its important to see what sort of start each team gets in the tournament.
You make some what logical points ! But my friend the reality is Pakistani moral is really down right now !

Laurrz

International Debutant
gonna go for a long shot and say Bangladesh will knock out Sri Lanka and they will progress with India ;)

PATRIOTIC

Cricket Spectator
I agree with the post that shows statistics of Pakistan matches against various teams without Asif and Akhtar. I think Pakistan will be more focused and dangerous after all this turmoil. If all the players are united, which I fear since Azhar presence in the dressing room may cause some heat to the environment, then Pakistan is a dangerous side provided Inzi get out of his negative and defensive mood. They dont need to attack with Kaneria, they have an excellent leg spinner in Afridi, and if wickets help spinners then inzi should utilize Hafeez and Malik more.

Leaving Kaneria out, playing Afridi as legspinner, Malik and Hafeez as off spinners along with seamers in Gul, Sami, Rana supported by Azhar will give Pakistan a decent batting depth to number 10 (Sami), 4 seam bowlers, 3 spinners, but for explosive batting Inzi, and Yousaf will need to click. Younis should keep the wickets and stay till the end.

The way PCB is running the affairs I wish if PAK get home after first round, but looking at the talent at hand, I wouldnt be surprise if Pakistan go all the way.