• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opening Ceremony

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually heard that interview with Ricky Ponting, this is getting better by the minute.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Were those fireworks meant to go off while Brian Lara was talking? Looked to me like someone got over-excited and fired off prematurely.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Turb = CW's one-man commentary team. :laugh:

Agreed, though... :drool: TBH. Good job the gf isn't here. :unsure:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the ceremony has ended...

Bowlers go out dere and bowl dem' balls, cuz' doze batsmen are gonna' get dem runs! Fielders, help dem broders out cuz me mommy and me cuzin gonna sit down and watch sum cricket in dem West Indian Islands... (hope Liam doesn't see this)

This is CW's Turbinator signing out, goodluck and goodnight... Hope you enjoy the WC.

Let The Games Begin...

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
The ceremony was ok. Had its moments I suppose. It may have been mentioned already but what was up with the bad light? They couldn't use some type of flood lights to better illuminate the ground?

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
1996 was good. ihated the lack of soud early in the coverage today. the start was poor but overall lot of colour. and hw abt the bermuda shorts?:laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sony MAX, (unfortunately for fans) the official broadcaster of the World Cup in India, did not show the opening ceremony. They showed an old Bollywood movie instead.