• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

On paper strength doesnt matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Yesterday Miandad said that depsite losing ASif, Akhtar and Razzaq Pakistan still has a good chance of winning the world cup. He said that being strong on paper means nothing. Its how they actually perform. He said that in 1992 when Pak won, the bowling attack comrised of Imran, Wasim, Aqib and Mushtaq with amer sohail and Ijaz as supporting bowlers. And despite losing Waqar to injury Pakistan still won.In 2003 Pakistan had a star bowling attack of Akhtar, Akram,Waqar and Saqlain and they didnt even go past the 1st round. So the team should lose heart and play like they have nothing to lose.

I think he is right, Pakistan could not beat Eng in the ODI series even with Akhtar and Asif and Pakistan defeated Ind in India 4-2 without Akhtar and Asif.

I think we are in with a chance.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was thinking something on similar lines, TBH...

Have had these discussions about post-X-times-before-you-can-threadstart before, tho...

pup11

International Coach
I know that strength on paper is not everything, you got to back it up with performances on the field.

But strength on paper is a fair enough reflection of a team's balance and strength its then up to those players to perform, you can't expect average players to deliver the goods .

Status
Not open for further replies.