• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Asif Officially Ruled Out

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
First offence happened last year.

Therefore any subsequent failing would be a second.
First of all they aren't being tested so its not happening.Secondarily even if tehy are tested again. then they can only get a life ban if its proved taht they had TAKEN DRUG AGAIN.A second offence is for taking the banned drug second time around, its not for having a drug with long half life in ur plasma which was consumed 6 months back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So if an average of 24 is moderately impressive, what is an impressive average?

So go on tell me, what would be the record that would demand selection? There have been a lot worse bowlers picked for Pakistan since then, Mohammed Sami being one.
Oh, cripes, yes, but there aren't a hell of a lot of impressive Pakistani bowlers going around at the mo (haven't been ever since I started looking - and the same thing's true over here BTW).

An impressive average would be 19-20-21, sort of thing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Players are also prohibited from taking steroids. Didn't seem to stop Akhtar and Asif.
So because one of your friends murdered someone would that mean it was all right for you to rape some girl?

Extreme example, I know, but you get the point.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh, cripes, yes, but there aren't a hell of a lot of impressive Pakistani bowlers going around at the mo (haven't been ever since I started looking - and the same thing's true over here BTW).

An impressive average would be 19-20-21, sort of thing.
On flat pitches where 300 runs are scored easily these days thats asking for too much.

More importantly, a team with fielders that are blessed with buttered fingers, and a keeper that drop half a dozen catch in match, an average of 24 should be considered very impressive. If Naveed has the support of SA fielders and Sa WK, his average would have been much much better.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
So tell me, then - how many catches has he had dropped in said period?
Obviously its not possible for me to tell you all that, but what i can tell you is that atleast half a dozen catches are dropped per match by Pakistan fielders, and the ground fielding by Pakistanis allows 20-25 runs that should never have been gifted to opponent team.These are undisputed facts, and had Lee or Ntini played for Pakistan , the their OD averages would have looked much much les impressive.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's absolute nonsense.

Gross exaggeration.

I could name you 50 matches where Pakistanis went through 50 overs without dropping a catch, and probably lost no more than 10-15 runs through bad fielding.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
That's absolute nonsense.

Gross exaggeration.

I could name you 50 matches where Pakistanis went through 50 overs without dropping a catch, and probably lost no more than 10-15 runs through bad fielding.

Rubbish, Kamran Akmal has droped minimum of 2 catches in each and every match in the last series, his earlier series wasn't good either, and thats one fielder.

As for 10-15 runs thing, the gap b/w Pak and SA fielders is more of 20-25 runs, in the words of Inzi alone.

50 matches without dropping a catch....LOL! maybe in their 50 year history.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, I've watched a good few Pakistan matches, y'know (and read match-reports on about 3 times over again).

Kamran Akmal doesn't always get 2 chances a ODI, never mind drop both if he does.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Err, I've watched a good few Pakistan matches, y'know (and read match-reports on about 3 times over again).

Kamran Akmal doesn't always get 2 chances a ODI, never mind drop both if he does.
In last series he did, there was an outcry for him to be replaced in the OD series by zulqarnain.
And if you have actually watch Pakistan matches (i have watch many) then you would have known their slip fielders too, Inzi,farhat and even a better fielder in Younis dropping sitters. Frankly the difference b/w Pak and teams like Aus and SA is MASSIVE.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Younis Khan dropping sitters? When did that happen?
yOunis is a one of th better fielders of Pakistan team, he didn't exactly dropped sitters but he did miss a catchable one which was dissapointing.Overall all Pakistani players remain poor fielders, probably the worst among the top 7 nation.

I remember Bari rubbishing off Sami's whine over being dropped saying its his own form as he didn't perform, on which Sami retaliated saying that saying he can't do much if he doesn't get support from fielders.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In last series he did, there was an outcry for him to be replaced in the OD series by zulqarnain.
And if you have actually watch Pakistan matches (i have watch many) then you would have known their slip fielders too, Inzi,farhat and even a better fielder in Younis dropping sitters. Frankly the difference b/w Pak and teams like Aus and SA is MASSIVE.
Well... yes, it is, but that doesn't mean chances go down every game. As for 6 of them... 8-)

pup11

International Coach
They don't need to worry about any dropped catches in the slips in the WC, as they are hardly gonna get any edges with their current bowling attack.