• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What can Inspire Pakistan now?

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Pakistan has had the worst road to the World Cup, first having the top 3 bowlers in doubt and now losing thier premier all rounder, repalced by somone who has played 3 games in the past 3 years.

As a supporter i have to look at the bright side, but i think the team must be feeling down by the constant changes in plans and the uncertainity which looms over the squad.

In genral, is there anything which can inspire the Pak team to play well, i dont expect them to win the cup but atleast show some fight and give top teams some decent fight. A SF berth would be nice.

Inzi is no Imran, but he does have the reputation of being the shock absorber of the team, Mr dependable. Is there anyway he can turn around these Mishaps and make this tournament something to cherish?

haroon510

International 12th Man
Pakistan has had the worst road to the World Cup, first having the top 3 bowlers in doubt and now losing thier premier all rounder, repalced by somone who has played 3 games in the past 3 years.

As a supporter i have to look at the bright side, but i think the team must be feeling down by the constant changes in plans and the uncertainity which looms over the squad.

In genral, is there anything which can inspire the Pak team to play well, i dont expect them to win the cup but atleast show some fight and give top teams some decent fight. A SF berth would be nice.

Inzi is no Imran, but he does have the reputation of being the shock absorber of the team, Mr dependable. Is there anyway he can turn around these Mishaps and make this tournament something to cherish?
ASIF AND SHOAIB pass the drug test and fit fully for world cup. there is nothing inspiring then having bowlers like asif, shoaib, gul in bowling line up.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Unfortunately even Nandrolone can't help Pakistan. Akhtar's problem is not bowling fast but remaining fit and while nandrolone might have helped him recover from injury, it won't do anything to keep him fit.Asif doesn't even try to bowl fast , and his line and length or swing aren't going to get better by using the drug.

pup11

International Coach
I think the pakistan team can do well only if akthar and asif play otherwise they would have a horrible World cup.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan will turn it around in the World Cup, with such great batsman then it would be very hard to bet against them in the early stages.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing about Pakistan is that when you least expect something from them, they somehow pull a performance out of the bag...

Natman20

International Debutant
Pakistan sure have a chance. They are lethal on their day. Razzaq is a sad loss for the cup and will be felt in the team. I think they are just as capable as NZ, Sri Lanka and India

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
the last time we won the cup, Pak lost Waqar younis to injury and saeed anwar to fitness probs..waqar was by far the fastest and the best in the world at that time, the bowling was so thin that Amer sohail and Ejaz ahmad were the fourth and fifth bowler.

But somehow Pakistan won.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unfortunately even Nandrolone can't help Pakistan. Akhtar's problem is not bowling fast but remaining fit and while nandrolone might have helped him recover from injury, it won't do anything to keep him fit.Asif doesn't even try to bowl fast , and his line and length or swing aren't going to get better by using the drug.
8-)8-)8-)8-)8-) but you'd expect that. IMO you wouldn't expect...
What can turn Pakistan around? One word. Nandrolone.

(Backs away slowly...)
8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure you know what nandrolone is. The only major effect that I know of that pertains to cricket is an increase in muscle growth (as well as bone density) which has implications for power and pace. It's an anabolic steroid, so I fail to see how it would necessarily help someone recover from a knee-injury. And you're suggesting that it would have no effect on Mohammad Asif as far as cricket is concerned? If that were the case, one wonders why he was taking a protein supplement in the first place. Surely it was due to some merit as far as his career - cricket - is concerned. Note that I'm not judging his stance on nandrolone as far as cheating.necene

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pakistan will turn it around in the World Cup, with such great batsman then it would be very hard to bet against them in the early stages.
There are only two Pakistani batsmen in the team who even approach greatness. The early stages should be little difficulty even if those batsmen were absent.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I'm not sure you know what nandrolone is. The only major effect that I know of that pertains to cricket is an increase in muscle growth (as well as bone density) which has implications for power and pace. It's an anabolic steroid, so I fail to see how it would necessarily help someone recover from a knee-injury. And you're suggesting that it would have no effect on Mohammad Asif as far as cricket is concerned? If that were the case, one wonders why he was taking a protein supplement in the first place. Surely it was due to some merit as far as his career - cricket - is concerned. Note that I'm not judging his stance on nandrolone as far as cheating.necene
Its not so simple as you made it to be.Nandrolone is a steroid, such drugs greatly speed up recovery from ANY BODILY INJURY.Steroids have many function on our body, they can heal injury , reduce fever, combat nearly all skin diseases in addition to bone and muscle mass increase.

As for Asif, the guy has zero idea of any medicine, and i think when he took it he wasn't aware of what he was doing (in contrast to Akhtar who delibererately cheated).The guy doesn't even know what protein means, he acted like a rural dehati who took medicine thinking it would be good for the body without realising the consequences of his action

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry, but ignorance doesn't wash when someone's been in high level sport for as long as he has.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd expect the Pakistan WC X1 to be

Imran Nazir
Mohammed Hafeez
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Azhar Mahmood (Afridi to come in after his suspension)
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria/Rao Iftikhar

Mr Mxyzptlk

Its not so simple as you made it to be.Nandrolone is a steroid, such drugs greatly speed up recovery from ANY BODILY INJURY.
You're the one simplifying it, by generalizing what a steroid is and its effects. Quite simply put, that sweeping statement is wrong.
As for Asif, the guy has zero idea of any medicine, and i think when he took it he wasn't aware of what he was doing (in contrast to Akhtar who delibererately cheated).The guy doesn't even know what protein means, he acted like a rural dehati who took medicine thinking it would be good for the body without realising the consequences of his action
Speaks wonders for his intelligence then. He is a professional sportsman, after all. I daresay he looks less of a fool by pleading guilt than ignorance.