• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abdul Razzaq out of world cup

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm, this article says he's only out for 3 weeks though, which means he'd be fine for the second match at least, if Pakistan wanted to take the risk

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You still do in desperation and when you run out of option!!

Razzaq will be back for super 8 matches, unless he's badly hurt
They've replaced him in the squad with Mahmood. They can't bring him back unless someone else gets hurt. And even so, I think that person would have to get hurt pre-tournament.

And no, the World Cup is not important enough to end a man's career. You're never desperate enough to joke with a serious knee injury IMO.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
They've replaced him in the squad with Mahmood. They can't bring him back unless someone else gets hurt. And even so, I think that person would have to get hurt pre-tournament.

And no, the World Cup is not important enough to end a man's career. You're never desperate enough to joke with a serious knee injury IMO.

I commented on report that said that he's out of 3 wks, if its 5 wks then its totallydifferent thing.

World Cup is important enough for Pakistan to risk career's of match winners like Asif and Akhtar, yet it can't be important for them to end the career of down the hill under performer like Razzaq?? U got to be kidding, or maybe u don't know pcb.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I commented on report that said that he's out of 3 wks, if its 5 wks then its totallydifferent thing.
Either way it's the same scenario. He's been replaced in the squad. He can't just walk back into it whenever he's fit. And you don't rush back from a knee injury.
World Cup is important enough for Pakistan to end career's of match winners like Asif and Akhtar, yet it can't be important for them to end the career of down the hill under performer like Razzaq?? U got to be kidding, or maybe u don't know pcb.
In what way is it important enough to end the careers of Asif and Akhtar? If the PCB genuinely believe they will fail the pre-World Cup dope test, they wouldn't send Asif and Akhtar to the Caribbean. Simple as. Because if they fail it, they won't be playing at the World Cup anyway. Basically, if Asif and Akhtar go to the World Cup, it's because the PCB is confident that it would not be a risk. If Razzaq is rushed back from a serious knee injury, it's blatantly a risk.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Either way it's the same scenario. He's been replaced in the squad. He can't just walk back into it whenever he's fit. And you don't rush back from a knee injury.

NO its not. Had he been out for just three wks, they would have been tempted to have him back after three wks, Five wks obviously changes the whole complexion.And recent history of PCb suggests that they can rush a player from the most serious injury pretty fast.

Mr Mxyzptlk

NO its not. Had he been out for just three wks, they would have been tempted to have him back after three wks, Five wks obviously changes the whole complexion.And recent history of PCb suggests that they can rush a player from the most serious injury pretty fast.
How are you not understanding this?! He's been REPLACED in the squad. He can't just walk back into the squad. It's not like the Gilchrist situation, where he was named in the squad and was due to join it late. Three weeks or five weeks, it makes no difference now. And that's just the time until he can play cricket again. It's a fool who asks him to play ODI cricket immediately upon his return.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
In what way is it important enough to end the careers of Asif and Akhtar? If the PCB genuinely believe they will fail the pre-World Cup dope test, they wouldn't send Asif and Akhtar to the Caribbean. Simple as. Because if they fail it, they won't be playing at the World Cup anyway. Basically, if Asif and Akhtar go to the World Cup, it's because the PCB is confident that it would not be a risk. If Razzaq is rushed back from a serious knee injury, it's blatantly a risk.
Dead wrong. Playing Akhtar and Asif is a big risk, everyone knows that. If it wasn't a risk they would have taken a decision by now rather than waiting till the eleventh hr.I won't be surprised if they passes PCb's dope test but gets into trouble with ICC dope test.

Also Akhtar has serious Knee and hamstring problem yet he's being rushed back, last time he was rushed back he lasted for just half a match.Bringing Akhtar back like that is a blatant risk

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
How are you not understanding this?! He's been REPLACED in the squad. He can't just walk back into the squad. It's not like the Gilchrist situation, where he was named in the squad and was due to join it late. Three weeks or five weeks, it makes no difference now. And that's just the time until he can play cricket again. It's a fool who asks him to play ODI cricket immediately upon his return.
I said HAD he been ruled out for just three wks then PCB would have been tempted to persists with him rather than naming a replacemnt.Obviously now nothing can happen, now do i expect anything to happen.

And how can people forget how Shabbir and Akhtar returned to Pakistan team last time around??

Mr Mxyzptlk

Dead wrong. Playing Akhtar and Asif is a big risk, everyone knows that. If it wasn't a risk they would have taken a decision by now rather than waiting till the eleventh hr.I won't be surprised if they passes PCb's dope test but gets into trouble with ICC dope test.
You're totally missing the point. The point is that they haven't decided whether to send them to the World Cup or not. IF they send them, it would be because they believe that it is not a risk to do so. Obviously the decision has not been made yet because they're still pondering that matter. Dead wrong?
Also Akhtar has serious Knee and hamstring problem yet he's being rushed back, last time he was rushed back he lasted for just half a match.Bringing Akhtar back like that is a blatant risk
I don't give a crap what the PCB decides to do regarding Razzaq and Akhtar and their injuries. It doesn't change the fact that they should not be rushed back.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I don't give a crap what the PCB decides to do regarding Razzaq and Akhtar and their injuries. It doesn't change the fact that they should not be rushed back.
It doesn't matter what you think is the right thing (which might infact be right for the player) what matters is how PCB works as they are the one who slects the players, not you or i. In recent past they have always risked the career of their players.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
You're totally missing the point. The point is that they haven't decided whether to send them to the World Cup or not. IF they send them, it would be because they believe that it is not a risk to do so. Obviously the decision has not been made yet because they're still pondering that matter. Dead wrong?

Let the drama unfold. It won't be all black and white, and i believe it will be a very tricky situation (unless both Asif and Akhtar aren't selected).I believe they are waiting for the banned level level to drop down a bit and then rush the player, thats the only thing thats keeping them waiting, and i won't be surprise if their drug level will be at BORDERLINE yet they are named for cup.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
razzaq is actually out for around 6-7 weeks
3 weeks rest and then 2-3 weeks physio
looks like a fractured knee according to doctors

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
A very bad news for Pakistan, both AUs and Pak seems to have suffered from several set backs before the start of WC .SA is probably the most fittest team around free from any injury headace atm.

Not sure how much bigger loss is it is bowling wise, but batting wise Razzak was a good solid lower order batter.With Afridi remaining unrealiable, Akmal lacking confidence, and Azhar returning after long time, their lower order doesn't look all that potent.