• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators for the World Cup?

pasag

RTDAS
jeepers, did I really deserve that?
I hardly think saying "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?" is personal. Admittedly the conversation deteriorated from there but I have since apologised.
As for the abuse I've received from you on this forum, you are a fine one to talk there my man. For a staff member, your behaviour is disgraceful. You have called me every name under the sun and let the filter do it's work. Practice what you preach. That outburst above was just unnecessary. You might need to chill out, you'll give yourself an ulcer
If me telling you the truth, the way I see things, constitutes abuse and insults in your book then that’s your mistake not mine. It wasn’t an “outburst” by any stretch of the imagination. It was a request for you to clean up your act. And I don’t see how asking someone to clean up their act is “disgraceful” behaviour for a staff member. Much the opposite in my books, but if you feel I crossed the line, you're more than welcome to email James and complain about it.

But if saying what had to be said, if describing an ugly situation ie your posting, breaches either forum or staff rules, than so be it.

So of course you can dismiss this post like whenever anyone criticises you, you can ignore the fact that the most squabbling and fighting I’ve seen in my time on CW has come from your good self. Go ahead, I’m sure you will. But perhaps, just perhaps you can read over my initial post and change ffs.

And please, “I'm here to discuss cricket”, no your not, not from what I’ve seen anyways. You’re here to get under peoples skins; you’re here to ruffle some feathers, because what ever reason you find that hilarious. But you’re not particular good at it because people bite back and you come off looking like a tosser on every occasion. Again not an insult, that’s describing the situation as I see it. Telling you to lose weight for no particular reason, that would be an insult.

Fiery

Banned
If me telling you the truth, the way I see things, constitutes abuse and insults in your book then that’s your mistake not mine. It wasn’t an “outburst” by any stretch of the imagination. It was a request for you to clean up your act. And I don’t see how asking someone to clean up their act is “disgraceful” behaviour for a staff member. Much the opposite in my books, but if you feel I crossed the line, you're more than welcome to email James and complain about it.

But if saying what had to be said, if describing an ugly situation ie your posting, breaches either forum or staff rules, than so be it.

So of course you can dismiss this post like whenever anyone criticises you, you can ignore the fact that the most squabbling and fighting I’ve seen in my time on CW has come from your good self. Go ahead, I’m sure you will. But perhaps, just perhaps you can read over my initial post and change ffs.

And please, “I'm here to discuss cricket”, no your not, not from what I’ve seen anyways. You’re here to get under peoples skins; you’re here to ruffle some feathers, because what ever reason you find that hilarious. But you’re not particular good at it because people bite back and you come off looking like a tosser on every occasion. Again not an insult, that’s describing the situation as I see it. Telling you to lose weight for no particular reason, that would be an insult.
In over 3000 posts in 2 1/2 years I've been involved in 2 major arguments. Once over the Shane Watson taunts and now here with thierry henry and both times it's been the same pack of hyenas circling and hissing around me. I'm sure you'll respond with another one of your lectures which I will probably disregard as you seem to like running over the same ground and accentuating negatives

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think the conversation was quite that one-sided Clapo.
no the conversation wasn't one-sided, but as usual, when you were clearly losing the argument to TH, you resorted to making personal comments & insults, and TH gave it back, something you obviously cannot take. As has been stated before, it's a public forum, so what you type is everyones business.

In over 3000 posts in 2 1/2 years I've been involved in 2 major arguments. Once over the Shane Watson taunts and now here with thierry henry and both times it's been the same pack of hyenas circling and hissing around me. I'm sure you'll respond with another one of your lectures which I will probably disregard as you seem to like running over the same ground and accentuating negatives
TBH there are a lot of negatives to accentuate.

Fiery

Banned
no the conversation wasn't one-sided, but as usual, when you were clearly losing the argument to TH, you resorted to making personal comments & insults, and TH gave it back, something you obviously cannot take. As has been stated before, it's a public forum, so what you type is everyones business.
No, the personal stuff started with the email below actually. You obviously didn't bother to try and view the conversation from my perspective. I'm prepared to let it go anyway and have apologised to thierry henry. I haven't received one yet and don't really expect to but I don't know what your input into this is achieving apart from ****-stirring

btw, have you learnt anything in the past 36 years apart from how to remember your own age?

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Technically, that's not an email. It's a post. [/pedant]

:D

(good time for me to go home)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
jeepers, did I really deserve that?
I hardly think saying "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?" is personal. Admittedly the conversation deteriorated from there but I have since apologised.
As for the abuse I've received from you on this forum, you are a fine one to talk there my man. For a staff member, your behaviour is disgraceful. You have called me every name under the sun and let the filter do it's work. Practice what you preach. That outburst above was just unnecessary. You might need to chill out, you'll give yourself an ulcer
I think it was necessary tbh. I don't think you're the worst poster around...but all the points pasag makes are pretty accurate. As far as I can see, you're not one to lecture others....maybe try being pleasant on the forums, and people won't go off at you.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ian Chappell, Arun Lal and L. Sivaramakrishnan will all be in London as part of the studio group of MAX, the Indian channel that is airing the WC. So you can count these guys (plus one more whose name I forgot) off the WC commentators list.

Fiery

Banned
I think it was necessary tbh. I don't think you're the worst poster around...but all the points pasag makes are pretty accurate. As far as I can see, you're not one to lecture others....maybe try being pleasant on the forums, and people won't go off at you.
God, I feel like I've just gone 10 rounds with Dr Phil today.

pup11

International Coach
I am looking forward to the comeback of Dean jones during this world cup after the unfortunate "Hashim Amla" incident.

I find him to be a very entertaining commentrator.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, you **** me so much sometimes Fiery, this thread is a classic example. thierry henry was talking about dire commentators, the topic at hand, and you went right out and got personal "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?".

Now you have the nerve to say "Can we try to be a bit more civil please, it works both ways."

**** off seriously, you're a mess. You're manipulative and slimy and have a rotten personality on these forums and this thread is a classic example. Get your act together son. I don't care what your age is, you act like a little kid. Other much respected elders here never, ever play the age card. In that demographic thread, you're a notable stand out in the 35+ age group.

And you wonder why people go off at you. I have more to say, but it's hard to keep it within forum rules. Seriously, clean up your act or things are going to get alot worse and people will start coming at you from every-side like in that official thread where you had a cry and left. Before responding with your usual inane one-liners or invoke your alleged life experience once again, think about what I'm saying ffs.

That's right, a 22 year old is telling a 36 year old to grow up. Deal with it.

Gotta admit, tho, when I first read that my reaction was "well I wasn't the only one, then".

Fiery

Banned
I'm happy in my own skin so wont be making too many, if any, changes sorry guys. I'm not particularly concerned if a few people I've conversed with online don't like me. Your little lectures are so OTT they make me laugh more than anything pasag.

Last edited: