• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators for the World Cup?

Slow Love™

International Captain
Can't argue with much thierry has said in this thread, really. Yeah, he's got a bit of an arrogant attitude (though to be fair I think it's mostly TIC) but Fiery, if you're gonna wield your age like that, going where you did in your last post won't do you any favors.

Anyhow, while I appreciate that players of the game (particularly if they're actual greats) can give you really good insights (particularly of a historical perspective) as "insiders", I don't agree with the blanket policy that stations like Nine seem to have regarding hiring ex-players. Pretty crap results all round when you compare it to professional commentators in other sports or in other mediums. And obviously, the situation must be similar in NZ if the horror of Ian Smith (risking Voltman's wrath here) is anything to go by.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't be a smartass th. You really didn't like that "Still live with your Dad?" comment did you mate? C'mon, seriously, you're 21 now, when I was your age I had been flatting for 4 years and had a degree. Time to leave the nest fella, you might meet more people...maybe even a girl. I've seen your photo on the "What Do You Look Like II" thread. You could join a gym...lose some of that puppy-fat.
Look, mate, you could say the same thing, exactly, to me.

I'm always disappointed by people making living-at-home at our age into a disparaging trait.

Blaze

Banned
Don't be a smartass th. You really didn't like that "Still live with your Dad?" comment did you mate? C'mon, seriously, you're 21 now, when I was your age I had been flatting for 4 years and had a degree. Time to leave the nest fella, you might meet more people...maybe even a girl. I've seen your photo on the "What Do You Look Like II" thread. You could join a gym...lose some of that puppy-fat.
wtf? He is engaged to a model

thierry henry

International Coach
lol. I flatted, last year, for all of 3 months. Ran out of money. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed about that- Fiery, I'd love for you to draw up a budget for a full time law student which involves making enough money to be able to afford to live away from home in Auckland in the years 2003-2007. I do actually have a part time job, and working a couple of days a week (which is all I can work, of course) provides me with barely enough money to survive AT home, let alone away from it.

I don't really know anyone doing a degree who lives away from home in Auckland.

Nevertheless, I would love to live away from home, so Fiery, get crackin' on that budget.

Anyway, in the last year of my degree now, so the plan is to get a job when I'm finished (naturally), get married and move out of home some time in 2008 :)

fmd you're childish Fiery.

thierry henry

International Coach
Look, mate, you could say the same thing, exactly, to me.

I'm always disappointed by people making living-at-home at our age into a disparaging trait.
meh

Pretty much everyone doing full-time Uni straight out of school lives at home, in NZ at least. I know I've been through all the scenarios and it just couldn't work.

Fiery

Banned
lol. I flatted, last year, for all of 3 months. Ran out of money. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed about that- Fiery, I'd love for you to draw up a budget for a full time law student which involves making enough money to be able to afford to live away from home in Auckland in the years 2003-2007. I do actually have a part time job, and working a couple of days a week (which is all I can work, of course) provides me with barely enough money to survive AT home, let alone away from it.

I don't really know anyone doing a degree who lives away from home in Auckland.

Nevertheless, I would love to live away from home, so Fiery, get crackin' on that budget.

Anyway, in the last year of my degree now, so the plan is to get a job when I'm finished (naturally), get married and move out of home some time in 2008 :)

fmd you're childish Fiery.
Good on you th. It sounds like you have your life on track. I apologise for the insults. Can we try to be a bit more civil please, it works both ways.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, you **** me so much sometimes Fiery, this thread is a classic example. thierry henry was talking about dire commentators, the topic at hand, and you went right out and got personal "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?".

Now you have the nerve to say "Can we try to be a bit more civil please, it works both ways."

**** off seriously, you're a mess. You're manipulative and slimy and have a rotten personality on these forums and this thread is a classic example. Get your act together son. I don't care what your age is, you act like a little kid. Other much respected elders here never, ever play the age card. In that demographic thread, you're a notable stand out in the 35+ age group.

And you wonder why people go off at you. I have more to say, but it's hard to keep it within forum rules. Seriously, clean up your act or things are going to get alot worse and people will start coming at you from every-side like in that official thread where you had a cry and left. Before responding with your usual inane one-liners or invoke your alleged life experience once again, think about what I'm saying ffs.

That's right, a 22 year old is telling a 36 year old to grow up. Deal with it.

Fiery

Banned
jeepers, did I really deserve that?
I hardly think saying "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?" is personal. Admittedly the conversation deteriorated from there but I have since apologised.
As for the abuse I've received from you on this forum, you are a fine one to talk there my man. For a staff member, your behaviour is disgraceful. You have called me every name under the sun and let the filter do it's work. Practice what you preach. That outburst above was just unnecessary. You might need to chill out, you'll give yourself an ulcer

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, you **** me so much sometimes Fiery, this thread is a classic example. thierry henry was talking about dire commentators, the topic at hand, and you went right out and got personal "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?".

Now you have the nerve to say "Can we try to be a bit more civil please, it works both ways."

**** off seriously, you're a mess. You're manipulative and slimy and have a rotten personality on these forums and this thread is a classic example. Get your act together son. I don't care what your age is, you act like a little kid. Other much respected elders here never, ever play the age card. In that demographic thread, you're a notable stand out in the 35+ age group.

And you wonder why people go off at you. I have more to say, but it's hard to keep it within forum rules. Seriously, clean up your act or things are going to get alot worse and people will start coming at you from every-side like in that official thread where you had a cry and left. Before responding with your usual inane one-liners or invoke your alleged life experience once again, think about what I'm saying ffs.

That's right, a 22 year old is telling a 36 year old to grow up. Deal with it.
Can i nominate this post for the Afridi & Saj

Johnners

jeepers, did I really deserve that?
I hardly think saying "You think at 21 you know more than both those guys don't you, th?" is personal. Admittedly the conversation deterioted from there but I have since apologised.
As for the abuse I've received from you on this forum, you are a fine one to talk there my man. For a staff member, your behaviour is disgraceful. You have called me every name under the sun and let the filter do it's work. Practice what you preach. That outburst above was pretty unnecessary. You might need to chill out, you'll give yourself an ulcer
haha yep, you've pretty much confirmed what saggers said about being manipulative. Trying to take the moral highground. Seriously, grow up.

Johnners

Oh here we go, here come all the Watson fans
hahaha, you wish it was only the watson fans, i'll go out on a limb and suggest that what Saggers said, has probably pretty much summed up what a majority of posters on this forum were thinking.

Fiery

Banned
hahaha, you wish it was only the watson fans, i'll go out on a limb and suggest that what Saggers said, has probably pretty much summed up what a majority of posters on this forum were thinking.
No, probably just the majority of Watson fans I would say. I'm not here to win any popularity contests, I'm here to discuss cricket

Johnners

I know, I'm just trying to debate here. Seriously thierry henry, are you ever able to chat to people without using that smug, self-satisfied, all-knowing tone that you use, interlacing your arguments with snide remarks and put-downs like "Pretty basic stuff" and "pretty damn stupid"? It's a little annoying and disrespectful imo, particularly coming from someone 15 years younger. I'm not sure if you reserve it just for me but can you please try to cut it out.
haha no wonder he think's his own **** doesn't stink. I'm sure she'll come to her senses
No, probably just the majority of Watson fans I would say. I'm not here to win any popularity contests, I'm here to discuss cricket
Looks to me like you're doing neither.

You can dish it out fiery, but you sure as hell can't take it.