• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators for the World Cup?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sounded like him - must have been ages since he was in the commentator's chair - the last time I remember him on our screens in that role was when One still had the rights and they were all wearing those horrible One World Of Sports jackets.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Pool C team isn't bad. Hussein, Gower and Atherton are all perfectly decent commentators. The ones for the Australian games are horrible though. Someone put a bullet in Fleming, and hurry up about it.

I guess we might get Greig, Lawry, Benaud, Slater etc for the games ahead as they are being broadcast on 9, or maybe they'll just use the Sky feed as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The Pool C team isn't bad. Hussein, Gower and Atherton are all perfectly decent commentators. The ones for the Australian games are horrible though. Someone put a bullet in Fleming, and hurry up about it.

I guess we might get Greig, Lawry, Benaud, Slater etc for the games ahead as they are being broadcast on 9, or maybe they'll just use the Sky feed as well.
Is it Sky's feed? I thought it was just an assembly of different commentators from each country put together by the ICC. Just something I assumed mind.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Nicholas is especially annoying when he say's stuff like "Shaun Tait you ripper!!!".It's so cringeworthy IMO.:ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Whats wrong with Nicholas saying that about Tait, basically he says such things about most of the players and thats how he has always been.

pup11

International Coach
Slats is one of my favourites commentrators, he has got a good sense of humour and he also makes a lot of sense when he talks.

Hope he joins the commentary team during the Super 8's.

Evermind

International Debutant
Wright has a cute little lisp and doesn't stop fawning over India. Good thing they're out now.

Tony Grieg makes Ramiz Raja sound like John Gielgud.

For me, the most entertaining commentator is definitely Boycott: too bad he's not talking this time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whats wrong with Nicholas saying that about Tait, basically he says such things about most of the players and thats how he has always been.
Because its **** commentary. Got nothing to do with Tait.

We all know Lee and Clarke are his love childs anyway. He just likes blonde Australians.