• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Mr World Cup?

Who is the best Player in World Cup History

• Viv Richards

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Imran Khan

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Wasim Akram

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • G Mcrgrath

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • S Jayasuriya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Viv Richards-scored 1000+ runs @ 63.31
Sachin Tendulkar 1700 runs @ 58.42
Imran Khan scored 666 runs at 35.53 and took 34 wickets at 19.77
Mcgrath with 55 wicket at 22.21
Wasim Akram with 48 wickets at 23.01

which one of these greats or any other i have missed really performs when it matters most?
Who is MR WORLD CUP?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Off the list it would be anyone but Tendulkar for me. I cant see how you can be 'Mr. WC' if you have never won one.

His performances have been excellent, but so have all the others listed and they have winners medals.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Of the list it would be anyone but Tendulkar for me. I cant see how you can be 'Mr. WC' if you have never won one.

His performances have been excellent, but so have all the others listed and they have winners medals.
Don't worry that will change in about 2 1/2 months time :happy: .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of the list it would be anyone but Tendulkar for me. I cant see how you can be 'Mr. WC' if you have never won one.

India's bowlers' paucity is hardly his fault, though.

It's not his fault he's never won one. IMO he's done as much as he could reasonably be expected to do.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
India's bowlers' paucity is hardly his fault, though.

It's not his fault he's never won one. IMO he's done as much as he could reasonably be expected to do.
I dont disagree with anything you say. However, that still doesnt mean he should be 'Mr WC'. As well as he has played, the important thing is still to win and all the other guys have been brilliant as well as winning. It is the purpose of the whole thing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I dont disagree with anything you say. However, that still doesnt mean he should be 'Mr WC'. As well as he has played, the important thing is still to win and all the other guys have been brilliant as well as winning. It is the purpose of the whole thing.
True.

I'd argue, though, that Tendulkar's WC performances have been better than, for example, Darren Lehmann, who won it twice but played no more than a small cog's part (and I'm his Biggest Fan).

Or Jayasuriya who is perceived to have played a massive hand in 1996. Who knows, maybe he'll actually do it this time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how right it is to criticize a name (not a nickname) which, in all actuality, is perfectly acceptable in another culture.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well that wasn't my intention but I see how it might appear so.

I'll remove the post.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm. Warne was man of the match three times in semis and finals, and only played two World Cups. Probably the best "big game" player in WC history. I guess I'll go for him.

Wasim also has a fair case given that he played so many, and Richards won two as a key player, which isn't something you could say about too many other players. Actually, if Australia win the WC this year and Ponting has a good tournament, he'll probably be a fair bet, as he'll be a three time WC winner, twice as captain, and had a pretty big 2003 as well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh::lol: Pivotal player in WC99! :laugh::lol:

Stephen Waugh wasn't even that good at ODI cricket, full-stop!
What r u on?

His 120 n.o. at Leeds (one of the greatest innings in history) was the sole reason Oz even hap an opportunity to win in '99

Last edited: