• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Mr World Cup?

Who is the best Player in World Cup History

• Viv Richards

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Imran Khan

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Wasim Akram

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • G Mcrgrath

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • S Jayasuriya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
But you are not really listening to their point of view. You are simply calling their PoV as ridiculous and that it is driven by nationalistic bias.

There is no need for me to support my argument in favor of Tendulkar because IMO he isn't Mr. World Cup, I voted for ViV. Wasim would have been my second Choice, followed by Tendulkar.
Yes i have called thier point of view ridiculous because so far no one really had a convincing argument

Well you didnt say tendulkar either so you know where i am coming from

Lastly, i could have been a little polite i you had chsen wiser words.

And the judgment you are passing by calling me biased is ironic because i could have easily removed tendulkar from the argument by not having him in this list, buti considered his record something to worth reckning

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes i have called thier point of view ridiculous because so far no one really had a convincing argument

Well you didnt say tendulkar either so you know where i am coming from

Lastly, i could have been a little polite i you had chsen wiser words.

And the judgment you are passing by calling me biased is ironic because i could have easily removed tendulkar from the argument by not having him in this list, buti considered his record something to worth reckning
Dont try to act innocent here, I know your kind very well. There is no argument that could convince you because you have already said :-

It will be ridiculous to call somone Mr World Cup when he hasnt won any.

Also that you made an assumption that all the Indians have voted for 'Tendulkar' by making the following statment :-

Tendulkar with 11 votes..well patriotism is driving this poll...

If you cared to read, first two people who voted (and acknowledged) were non-Indians.

Lastly dont worry about being impolite with me, It is expected of you lot sooner or later.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
8-)
Dont try to act innocent here, I know your kind very well. There is no argument that could convince you because you have already said :-

Also that you made an assumption that all the Indians have voted for 'Tendulkar' by making the following statment :-

If you cared to read, first two people who voted (and acknowledged) were non-Indians.

Lastly dont worry about being impolite with me, It is expected of you lot sooner or later.
I am bad person i guess, who wanted to talk trash about a player therefore made a thread regarding something he wasn't the best at and later took shot s at people who wrongly voted for him...

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer

You live in the states so i will give you a more relevent example, Derek Jeter is called Mr October, because Yankees won 5 championships in 7 years when he was the captain...and performs exceptionally well once the World series begins

It would be ridiculous to call A-Rod Mr October who has a better record than Jeter but he has never won a championship

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer

You took it far too seriosly.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
You live in the states so i will give you a more relevent example, Derek Jeter is called Mr October, because Yankees won 5 championships in 7 years when he was the captain...and performs exceptionally well once the World series begins

It would be ridiculous to call A-Rod Mr October who has a better record than Jeter but he has never won a championship
Didnt he only become captain after they won all those World Series? :cool:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It would be ridiculous to put someone like 'A-Rod' to include in the poll for 'Mr. October', if you thought it was just ridiculous to pick him.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
It would be ridiculous to put someone like 'A-Rod' to include in the poll for 'Mr. October', if you thought it was just ridiculous to pick him.
I m entitled to my own opinion, but i know i might be wrong or may be not the most popular there fore i put Tendulkar in there, because i thought many would pick him even though i thought it is the wrong option, but i still want to keep it open as an option, so that this thread can represent some opinions that are not exactly reflecting my point of view

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I m entitled to my own opinion, but i know i might be wrong or may be not the most popular there fore i put Tendulkar in there, because i thought many would pick him even though i thought it is the wrong option, but i still want to keep it open as an option, so that this thread can represent some opinions that are not exactly reflecting my point of view
If you want opinions then respect it instead of attacking those who pick him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nonsense!

Batsman A smashes a ball off the middle of the bat and the fieldsman drops it. Other than that, every ball hits the middle

Batsman B plays and misses at 2 balls per over but is never good enough to get an edge.

Both score the same amount of runs

By your criteria, batsman b has played better

Ask anyone that has ever played the game who played the better innings and the answer will always be the same - batsman A
No, it won't.

Where's the fieldsman in question in Exhibit A? Deep-extra-cover? If so, it's a chance and it should be taken.

If Gully, it's not a chance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So are you saying Gooch's 333 and Hutton's 364 aren't great innings because in both cases the opposistion WK dropped them? Its one thing getting a second chance, it is quite another to take advantage of the situation. And if the umpire makes a mistake? if I remember right England thought they had got Lara cheaply early on in his 400*
And they were wrong. He missed it.

Gooch's 333 wasn't anywhere near as good as made-out - he played pretty well for the final 300 or whatever it was - but yes, he owes a hell of a lot to Kiran More.

Never heard of the Hutton example, though... :huh:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I didnt attack anyone. yet
You did attack people when you called the views of those who voted for Tendulkar 'ridiculous' and suggested the votes only came due to patriotic bias. You've been saying you want to see cricketing arguments for the votes you don't agree with - yet, when someone has provided one you've attacked them.

pup11

International Coach
I hope by the next world cup Mr.Cricket would be the undoubted choice as Mr.World Cup.