• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can an Asian team win the '007 WC ??

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nahh, lot's of people here on CW are over-rating the Lankans IMO. They are a good side, a good outfit, however, they don't have the fire power and the talent (IMHO) to go on and win the WC.

I'll, honestly, be surprised if they even make the semis. And you can quote me on that.
Quoted... :p
Turb, go find the WC avatar challenge thread and stake a bet on it if you're that confident :)

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Kumble hasn't been a wicket-taking ODI bowler for years. Harbhajan hasn't been one for months. Sreesanth has done nothing to suggest that he's a good ODI bowler. Over-rated much?

Its not wise to write off class bowler like Kumble.Harb might have struggled in recent times, but have the ability to deliver the goods on slow tracks of WI.As for Santh, he has been an expensive bowler in OD , but his recent form shows that he is a wkt taking bowler.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Two legends of India and Pakistan in Abdul Qadir and Kapil Dev have predicted India to win the WC, interestingly Qadir gave his own team Pakistan the least possible chance to even reach the semis!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Its not wise to write off class bowler like Kumble.Harb might have struggled in recent times, but have the ability to deliver the goods on slow tracks of WI.As for Santh, he has been an expensive bowler in OD , but his recent form shows that he is a wkt taking bowler.
Taking two wickets after crapping 60 runs on an avg. doesn't mean anything. So no Santh's not a good ODI Bowler, neither is Kumble. Harbh, No he is not a wicket taking bowler either.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I like the Lankans, but they're being talked up a lot, generally by neutrals. Seems the in-thing to do at the moment.

I'd favour Pakistan out of the 3 sub-continental teams.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I like the Lankans, but they're being talked up a lot, generally by neutrals. Seems the in-thing to do at the moment.

I'd favour Pakistan out of the 3 sub-continental teams.
If both Shoaib and Asif are available

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Recent times??

Since the start of 2002, Anil Kumble has played 55 ODIs, averaged 43.41 and gifted 4.81 runs per over. How many years grace does he get before I can write him off?

In Sreesanth's last 14 ODI matches (since his 6-for against England last year) he has taken more than one wicket in an innings on 3 occasions. He's taken a total of 15 wickets in that time at an average of 41.13, with a SR of 45podd and an economy of 5.46. What about that indicates that he's a wicket-taking ODI bowler?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Recent times??

Since the start of 2002, Anil Kumble has played 55 ODIs, averaged 43.41 and gifted 4.81 runs per over. How many years grace does he get before I can write him off?
And between 1999\2000 and the end of 2001 he played 36 ODIs (against ODI-standard teams) and averaged 36 and gifted 4.77-an-over.

Kumble hasn't been a good ODI bowler for a long, LOOOOONG time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I can't speak for other "neutrals" but they just seem like the best side of the 3 to me...

haroon510

International 12th Man
SL is much better team than india and pakistan ( considering the pakistani team with injured and drug problem bowlers). SL is capable of wining it.