• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match times

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Something that I only just considered now, but what time - GMT - are the World Cup matches to be played? I had a look at the fixtures list on cricinfo and it doesn't say.

pasag

RTDAS
Wikipedia says:

Group A - all matches start at 13.30 GMT
Group B - all matches start at 13.30 GMT
Group C - all matches start at 13.30 GMT
Group D - all matches start at 14.30 GMT
Super 8 - all matches start at 13.30 GMT
First semi-final - 14.30 GMT
Second semi-final - 13.30 GMT
Final - 13.30 GMT

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wikipedia says:

First semi-final - 13.30 GMT
Final - 13.30 GMT
Hmm, conflicting info then.

Steulen

International Regular
The official site for the World Cup says that all matches start 9.30 AM local time, which according to them is 1430GMT.

Hmm. Any early morning dew around in yer Caribs?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matches start at like midnight australian time, which is quite bad, i think they were saying on the radio the other day it's the worst possible time zone for australian's to watch cricket out of all the test playing nations...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
should be a law against it... all matches should be played to suit the current WC holders fans imo :sleep:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starting at around 2AM in NZ by the sounds of it, I'll be up to watch most games.

pasag

RTDAS
Wikipedia says:

Final - 13.30 GMT
Confirmed on cricinfo:

"All matches in the tournament proper start at 0930 local time (1330GMT except Jamaica which is 1430 GMT)."

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Been looking at the dates, the Australia Vs South Africa group match and the final are on Sunday morning (12am) which is very good news. Also the first semi is on anzac day, which is cool as well. There are also a few super 8's on Easter weekend.

Also for me personally, I have mid semester break from Friday the 6th of April till Moday the 16th which includes a heap of Super 8 matches that I'll be able to watch without having to go to uni dog tired the next day.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Wikipedia says:

Final - 13.30 GMT
Any idea why Jamaica matches would start an hour later? is it in a diferent time zone?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Matches start at like midnight australian time, which is quite bad, i think they were saying on the radio the other day it's the worst possible time zone for australian's to watch cricket out of all the test playing nations...
Us in the Ashes tbh.

Decent time for round here anyway, should be able to catch a good few hours of most matches.