• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Before The World Cup

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Ok, I see some kind of weird pattern at the brink of the WC:

Let's start with New Zealand, we all know they are a good team and the way they beat Australia is something out of ordinary. The whole series has been like a miracle for this team. This may be is the beginning of the new underdog millennium in cricket.

Let's talk about India now. They have convincingly beaten Sri Lanka indicating that they are ready for WC. India was in bad shape before the match. They could not even figure out team members, now they have beaten a good team that had beaten SA with ease earlier.

Pakistan considered as a strong team with most of the players as all-rounders were beaten mercilessly by SA. That was a pathetic beating and I did not expect **** to fall around like that. That was wack! But, are Pakis done now, or could they come back from this bad rep.. in WC? Confusing!!!

WI was beaten as well by India, and that sounded nice, but was hard to believe. I know that both these teams are strong, but I expected WI to win.

There are many others like that. But, I feel like I am lookin at something different this WC, I am excited and hope everyone is too.

Evermind

International Debutant
A lot of it is just home advantage.

SL with Vaas and Murali in the team, on a neutral venue, is a whole different deal, as India will no doubt experience soon. SA beating Pakistan (at home, again) doesn't mean as much, either - if about half the Pak team comes to the party, they might murder SA.

WI thrashed India in WI the last time, and that tour is therefore a much better indicator of the quality of the two teams in the conditions that will be available next month.

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
Yes you are right, home field advantage matters a lot since the game itself is so much dependent upon the ground conditions. There still is an idea of about who is much confident going into the game or who is coming in as winner.

Correct mind setup plays an important role in winning the game. I feel now that fielding is much more important then bowling and batting itself because of the mind set. If you have a better and confident mind set you are going to field better. In that case, u have a better chance of winning. Rest, the time will tell.:)