• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the team you dont wanna see winning the World Cup?

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
well, we are all supporting our teams, but if your team doesnt win, which is the last team you wanna see standing on that winning podium?

I have 2
1) India-because i wouldnt hear the end of it
2) England because i am afraid their head will blow up

i support pakistan btw.

so please mention which team you support too.

Swervy

International Captain
I dont mind who wins, as long as a) they dont beat Australia in the final(if Australia reach the final that is), and b) they have deserved winning because they have played good cricket.

Although, I would like to see England win it (other than Australia)...kind of feel sorry for them at the moment...oh and the West indies as well!!!

My opinion on who I dont want to win can easitly swayed for some reason by people on this forum talking crap about their own team though

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My favorites from most to least:

1. India
  2. Pakistan
  3. Australia/England
  4. Sri Lanka
  5. West Indies/New Zealand
  6. South Africa

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
As long as they've played well enough and been interesting to watch, there's no one I'd really not like to see lift it.

Natman20

International Debutant
My list - 1 = Worst 9 = Best (Wow not even supporting my own country that much!)

1. England
2. Zimbabwe
3. Bangladesh
4. India
5. Sri Lanka
6. New Zealand
7. South Africa
8. Australia
9. Pakistan

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
natman you support Pakistan, if i am correct but where are you from?

guys mention which team you support so we know where its ccoming from

Fiery

Banned
My list - 1 = Worst 9 = Best (Wow not even supporting my own country that much!)

1. England
2. Zimbabwe
3. Bangladesh
4. India
5. Sri Lanka
6. New Zealand
7. South Africa
8. Australia
9. Pakistan
Yeah, what's that about? The thread title is "Which is the team you dont wanna see winning the World Cup?" Surely you wouldn't want 3 other countries to win it more.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't like to see Pakistan win it because i just don't like them.

Apart from England, i'd like to see SA win it the most because they're the team i enjoy watching most in world cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who else has had 2 stumps knocked out of the ground in one dismissal?

I've only ever seen it once before, and I can't even remember who the batsman was. ITB was the bowler, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My favorites from most to least:

1. India
  2. Pakistan
  3. Australia/England
  4. Sri Lanka
  5. West Indies/New Zealand
  6. South Africa
My favourite
  1. England
  2. South Africa
  3. Sri Lanka
  4. Pakistan \ New Zealand \ India \ West Indies
  5. Australia
Not that I'll begrudge any the trophy if they play good cricket, but that's the order I'd go in.

Rather as I'd go
  1. White
  2. Williams
  3. Doherty
  4. Ebdon
  5. Swail
  6. Virtually everyone else

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Who else has had 2 stumps knocked out of the ground in one dismissal?

I've only ever seen it once before, and I can't even remember who the batsman was. ITB was the bowler, though.
Didn't Harmison do that to someone once?

Anyway:

1) Australia/India
2) England

Wouldn't mind watching anybody else win it.