• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the team you dont wanna see winning the World Cup?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How often does Inzy get bowled?

I'm not arguing against your dislike for his technique or anything, but genuine question. He covers that offstump pretty well, which I think makes him look invincible when he's batting with the tail, so just curious how often he gets bowled when you've watched him.
There isn't actually a lot wrong with his technique in terms of effectiveness - I just don't like it. He never seems very "definite" for lack of a better word with anything. I don't think I've seen him get bowled much (not specific incident comes to mind, anyway) but I do recall him getting out lbw a couple of times. He does have a distinctly poor average when I watch him though, which may explain my dislike for him.

pasag

RTDAS
Mate, there is no call for that type of aggression. You have called me up on being overly aggressive before and you were probably right. Ill try and do it a little less nastily than you did.

People may argue that Pakistan create many, if not all, of their own problems.

I would love SA to win the WC but I obviously have no issue with you not wanting them to do well.
Don't get what you're trying to say really, there wasn't much aggression in my post at all. And I thought it was a pretty fair, general, comment and I could give plenty of examples of the way people denigrate the team when it is uncalled for, such as in the official threads when they will say "I hope SA wins as Pakistan are a bunch of scumbags" etc, seen hundreds of posts like that, but I don't want to single anyone out as that might be aggressive and it is why I didn't in my OP. I'm not talking about being critical about Pakistan when there is discussion on say, the drugs issue, I'm talking about bringing it up when the situation completely doesn't warrant it. It's for those members I hope Pakistan wins as a ' **** you'.

Dunno, am I the only person who gets annoyed with this?

DCC_legend

International Regular
i really would like england to win the world cup. But we would never hear the end of it so i say england not to win!!! :laugh:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
This is the same time he was ranked #1 in the World? Over-reaction?
In only his second year in International cricket, Dhoni is currently ranked 3rd in odi batsman rankings and just one point behind Ponting.
Next stop Jesus, yes?

pasag

RTDAS
What he said.:confused: :confused1
Have too many mates from SA that will never, ever let me hear the end of it if they won, although in terms of CW, with only a couple of posters, SA would ideally be the best option to win the WC.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
1. England
2. Australia
3. South Africa
4. New Zealand (Has the best posters on this board in general)/Sri Lanka
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. India
Exactly as I'd like it. Agree with pasag too about Pakistan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dunno, am I the only person who gets annoyed with this?
Nah it ****s me too, and its quite a few members tbh, but there's the usual suspects who literally follow Pakistan related threads and mention it.

Can't imagine how the actual Pakistani supporters feel, seeing as the ones that have mentioned their dislike for it in this thread aren't even from Pakistan. Must **** them up the creek though.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm whom do i not want to win the WC...

1.South Africa - Haven't really like them since Donald retired. Kallis & Smith are probably 2 of my least favourite players as well.

2.Pakistan - I enjoy watching most of them play cricket, but recent events have turned me off the team a little. I hope MoYo & Younis do well though, MoYo is gun, and Younis is one of the most underrated cricketers imo.

3.England - I couldn't stand the thought of the old enemy winning, it'd just give Paul Nixon's noggin more coverage

4.India - No Particular Reason, theres teams i prefer to see win it ahead of them though

5.West Indies - Sarwan is gun, Chris Gayle is the meaning of Cool, and Lara, well, he's Brian Lara, probably deserves to retire from ODI cricket with a WC under his belt.

6.Sri-Lanka - I don't know why, but i would like to see them win it again. Jayawardene & Sangakarra are 2 of my favourite players, Malinga is good to watch just because of his action, Jayasuria is an ODI legend, and Vass is a quality bowler.

7.New Zealand - As much the thought of having to read Fiery's posts afterwards would scare me :p, NZ is a gun country, and nearly always goes into a match with underdog tag. Fleming deserves a trophy for being such a champ for them for so many years.

8.Australia - Want them to win it for obvious reasons (bragging rights included :cool:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, if there's one thing that'd be awesome with regards to NZ winning the World Cup, it'd be the sight of Fleming lifting the trophy. Would be great.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i don't wana see Aussies wining it again. it is just boring if the result would be the same as the two pervious world cups. cricket is fun when the teams are matched equally in strength and quality of performance. seeing aussies donminating other teames is more than predictable now days.
i am a pakistan cricket team supporter so i would love to see pakistan win it but without shoaib and asif. the reason why i said without shoaib and asif is becuase in case if they win it with them playing cricket. no one is going to give the pakistani team cridet for thier hard work. it is would be easy for people to say that they win the world cup becuase of the drug cheats.
also love to see New Zealand or Sir Lanka wining it. Sir Lanka has sangakara, Murli and New Zealand has bond and vettorie so these players are the main reason why i love to see them wining the world cup.
i would like to see teams like kenya, zimbawiee, bangladish, scotland, canada and so on playing well and upseting other teams and qulifying in to final and semi finals.

haroon510

International 12th Man
if this topic was in poll people would have know which team cw members don't like to see winnig the most.

Evermind

International Debutant
i am a pakistan cricket team supporter so i would love to see pakistan win it but without shoaib and asif. the reason why i said without shoaib and asif is becuase in case if they win it with them playing cricket. no one is going to give the pakistani team cridet for thier hard work. it is would be easy for people to say that they win the world cup becuase of the drug cheats.
Yeap. I guess I wouldn't mind if Pak won without Asif, Chucktar and Afridi (also a cheat and a thug). I like Yousuf quite a bit, and though Younis is fruity and annoying at times, he's a pretty good player. I also like Rana Naved for some reason and Imran Nazir can be hilarious with the pads on, like Inzamam between the wickets. Not a bad team, just tainted mostly by those 3 (too bad about Asif - I had a tremendous respect for his talent before the whole drugs thing).

adharcric

International Coach
Fair enough. I guess I didn't expect you to make a light-hearted post for some reason. My bad. :cool: (*delete*)