• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the team you dont wanna see winning the World Cup?

adharcric

International Coach
India, otherwise Australia, otherwise West Indies ... that's who I'd like to see win the World Cup

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
My favourites from Most to Least

1) India (obviously)
2) Sri Lanka
3) South Africa
4) NewZealand
5) England
6) Australia
7) West Indies
8) Pakistan (sorry but my Indian-ness kicks in)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really like MoYo and Younis Khan but my respect for them cant override the lack of repect I have for Pakistani cricket and its complete lack of professionalism.
How can you not like Inzy and Shabbir Ahmed? :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
English cricket has plenty of nutters who proclaim their team/players to be the greatest etc etc. Maybe not as many as in India but look at the respective differences in population.
Witness the hysterical over-reaction when Harmison had some success had a few years ago. If I'm not mistake the likes of Robbins and Pickup were among those talking up Harmison bigtime back then....
But hey let's forget that won't we....8-)

You guys alaways suck up to the English and the Aussies so I guess I'm not too surprised. 8-)
You know I was hoping West Indies would have a good World Cup but now I want them to fail miserably just like England And Australia.
Love to see the Pickup and Camps reaction then.....maybe , heaven forbid, you may lose some of the attitude then
Haha, WTF?

A bit OOC that rant, I'd say... :unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've always liked SL as well for some reason
Most people do in my experience.

Even on August 29th 1998 I still quite liked 'em.

And if I could then, I always can, I guess.

Aravinda being my fave batsman of all-time has a bit to do with it, I guess...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sometimes hard to tell, but you are making a funny, Yes? :dry:
Well I wasn't thinking to.

Inzy strikes me as being about as hard to dislike as anyone and IMO Shabbir Ahmed has handled the chucking saga thrown his way with a dignity few if any have ever matched.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Inzy strikes me as being about as hard to dislike as anyone and IMO Shabbir Ahmed has handled the chucking saga thrown his way with a dignity few if any have ever matched.
I dislike Inzy, purely for his batting technique. Not only does he average in the mid 20s whenever I watch him bat (yes, I actually did stats on it not too long ago!) but his technique isn't something I enjoy at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's up with all the SA hatred? :huh:
Hating SA is the done thing, y'know.

Over here, I've seen many an explanation for it. Less sure about such a thing in other countries but might be something similar.

I flatter myself I don't get involved.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I dislike Inzy, purely for his batting technique. Not only does he average in the mid 20s whenever I watch him bat (yes, I actually did stats on it not too long ago!) but his technique isn't something I enjoy at all.
O...K...

A strange coincidence! :huh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I really like MoYo and Younis Khan but my respect for them cant override the lack of repect I have for Pakistani cricket and its complete lack of professionalism.
How can you not like Inzy and Shabbir Ahmed? :blink:
Sometimes hard to tell, but you are making a funny, Yes? :dry:

Yeah, but both very amatuerish in terms of professional athletes.

Inzi went into the stands after a fan, he hardly has the body of someone that works hard as a 21st century athlete should, shambolic schoolboy running between the wickets, the fielding of an 80 yr old, his grumpyness and always talking to umpires over decisions made, the forfeit. etc. Need I go on?

He is obviously an exceptional batsman, but not what I would describe as embracing the professional ethos.

As for Shabbir, I was very upset when I saw him bowl for the 1st time. His action and his selection was a disgrace and an afront to all those that play and coach the game properly. Again, shambolic and amateurish.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, OK, fair noof, I can see how such things would rub some people up the wrong way.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1) Pakistan - trophy would be tainted
2) Australia - no reason needed
3) India - can't bear the prospect of eight million posts comparing MS Dhoni to Jesus
4) New Zealand - can't bear the prospect of Fiery
5) South Africa - boring team to watch half the time
6) West Indies
7) Sri Lanka - have to stick to my outside tips
8) England
Dhoni has more similarities to Jesus than Flintoff, he has long hair. All those posts regarding Freddie being Jesus would be worse. I guess that means England winning would be bad so....

1. England
2. Australia
3. South Africa
4. New Zealand (Has the best posters on this board in general)/Sri Lanka
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. India

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Dhoni has more similarities to Jesus than Flintoff, he has long hair. All those posts regarding Freddie being Jesus would be worse. I guess that means England winning would be bad so....

1. England
2. Australia
3. South Africa
4. New Zealand (Has the best posters on this board in general)/Sri Lanka
5. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. India
Someone forgot how to number :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How often does Inzy get bowled?

I'm not arguing against your dislike for his technique or anything, but genuine question. He covers that offstump pretty well, which I think makes him look invincible when he's batting with the tail, so just curious how often he gets bowled when you've watched him.