• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the team you dont wanna see winning the World Cup?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Pakistan - trophy would be tainted
2) Australia - no reason needed
3) India - can't bear the prospect of eight million posts comparing MS Dhoni to Jesus
4) New Zealand - can't bear the prospect of Fiery
5) South Africa - boring team to watch half the time
6) West Indies
7) Sri Lanka - have to stick to my outside tips
8) England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1) Pakistan - trophy would be tainted
Why?
2) Australia - no reason needed
Explanation! :unsure:
3) India - can't bear the prospect of eight million posts comparing MS Dhoni to Jesus
Thought you were an athiest?
4) New Zealand - can't bear the prospect of Fiery
One single poster bothers you?
5) South Africa - boring team to watch half the time
WWWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFF????????????????????
6) West Indies
Why?
7) Sri Lanka - have to stick to my outside tips
Thought so - your own pre-conceived prejudices. 8-)
8) England
Why are your own team on your least favourite list before Bermuda and Canada?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'll second that WTF!
The safety-first mentality that infects sports teams so often seems to be much more prevalent in South Africa. Like the way Smith has no concept of appropriate use of a spinner and blunders on with seam-up from both end; it's all too 'avoid-defeat-before-risking-victory' and I don't like it!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. Maybe not anymore, but he was a gun in 04 and early 05.
Eh? He was a YLLAGTPIS in early '04 and positively no other time whatsoever. Even then he rarely hit the stumps, he's always bowled far too short far too often.

First 7 Tests of 2004 (March-June): 44 wickets at 18.31
Other 39 Tests: 113 wickets at 39.26

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This entire thread is about personal prejudice.
Can you seriously still not spot that I was, as Voltman once put it, "calling the double-bluff"?

:wallbash:

I mean, I even "criticised" you for doing something I'd advocated just earlier by doing myself!!!!!!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The safety-first mentality that infects sports teams so often seems to be much more prevalent in South Africa. Like the way Smith has no concept of appropriate use of a spinner and blunders on with seam-up from both end; it's all too 'avoid-defeat-before-risking-victory' and I don't like it!
How on Earth is a seam>spin attitude a safety-first one?!?! :blink::huh:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
1) Australia.
2) India (coz i am a pakistani supporter :p).
3) England
4) South Africa
5) New Zealand
6) Sri Lanka
7) West Indies
8) Pakistan.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can you seriously still not spot that I was, as Voltman once put it, "calling the double-bluff"?

:wallbash:

I mean, I even "criticised" you for doing something I'd advocated just earlier by doing myself!!!!!!
Unfortunately it looked just like one of your "I'm right, everyone else is wrong. All hail me" posts.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
India and South Africa would be the worst.

New Zealand were probably my second favourites until recently, but I too am struggling to deal with the prospect of Fiery and company if they win. I usually like Pakistan too, but the drug cheats thing is turning me off them.

Might have to go with England as my second choice. Geez.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldnt like to see Pakistan win. There has always been a petulant and indisciplined streak and recently it has manifested itself on too many occasions.

From Afridis piroet (sp?) on the track, his recent ban, the forfeit, the crowds, the ball tampering allegations, the comments that ball tampering isnt wrong, the failure to ban players found with performance enhancing steriods, etc

I really like MoYo and Younis Khan but my respect for them cant override the lack of repect I have for Pakistani cricket and its complete lack of professionalism.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia won't win, so that's a non-issue.

So of the other teams, I'd hate to see India win, for the exact reason Neil stated a page back.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India and South Africa would be the worst.

New Zealand were probably my second favourites until recently, but I too am struggling to deal with the prospect of Fiery and company if they win. I usually like Pakistan too, but the drug cheats thing is turning me off them.

Might have to go with England as my second choice. Geez.
Personnally I'd love for the Aussies to get knocked out before the final because I know you'll come up with some pathetic excuse about why they didn't win instead of giving credit to the opposition....

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Australia won't win, so that's a non-issue.

So of the other teams, I'd hate to see India win, for the exact reason Neil stated a page back.

English cricket has plenty of nutters who proclaim their team/players to be the greatest etc etc. Maybe not as many as in India but look at the respective differences in population.
Witness the hysterical over-reaction when Harmison had some success had a few years ago. If I'm not mistake the likes of Robbins and Pickup were among those talking up Harmison bigtime back then....
But hey let's forget that won't we....8-)

You guys alaways suck up to the English and the Aussies so I guess I'm not too surprised. 8-)
You know I was hoping West Indies would have a good World Cup but now I want them to fail miserably just like England And Australia.
Love to see the Pickup and Camps reaction then.....maybe , heaven forbid, you may lose some of the attitude then

Last edited: