• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketer Are you Most excited about this WC ?

Who Will Set the WC 2007 Alight ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why? He's awesome to watch and anyways, a player being exciting and "Who are you most excited about?", which is what the poll asked for, are two different things really.
Being "exciting" is a complete and total MOO anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marc came up with the original idea and Neil agreed, Goughy was saying good call to Marc for coming up with it and agreeing with Neil that it was worthy of our attn.
Ah... now how could I have been so stupid as to miss that. :wacko:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Went for Lara. I have a feeling that the Prince is gonna go out with a bang from ODIs. Wont bet against him scoring 4 centuries in the cup.

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Wow what a great century in addition to 3/38 by Sanath Jayasuriya against WI. He is IMO the gratest ODI player in history !

Athlai

Not Terrible
Malinga.
One of the greatest attacking bowlers I've ever seen.

Ever since he started bowling fast (and accurate) he has been one of the most exciting plays in cricket.

pup11

International Coach
Though his name doesn't feature in the poll, the player i am most excited to see in this WC is Michael Clarke.

I think he is the most naturally gifted player Australia has had since Ricky Ponting, he represents the next generation of Australian cricket and i think he is a damn good player.

WC is the biggest stage of them all and i expect him to come good in a big way, maybe a sparkling 100 in the final (obviously in a winning cause).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Malinga.

Ever since he started bowling fast (and accurate) he has been one of the most exciting plays in cricket.
Hmm...

Bit early for that sort of judgement, methinks. Sure, if he can carry on how he's been going the last 6 months or so, he will be, but that is an if, it's not a given.

Plenty of bowlers have had spells like this in a ODI career.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hmm...

Bit early for that sort of judgement, methinks. Sure, if he can carry on how he's been going the last 6 months or so, he will be, but that is an if, it's not a given.

Plenty of bowlers have had spells like this in a ODI career.
Ah but thats half the excitement. Plus he has that eyebrow piercing. :laugh:

stumpski

International Captain
Nobody's mentioned Ross Taylor ... :unsure:

And yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Hussey play as well.

Swervy

International Captain
Malinga.

it has to be said that I enjoy watching Malinga bowl, because it feels like a wicket is gonna come at any time.

His ability to bowl yorkers is a joy to watch

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm loving Boyd Rankin at the moment. Head and shoulders above any other seamer I've seen in a non-test nation. Usually seam bowling is the area where those nations are really lacking, but he's got fantastic potential.