• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Favourites

Who's gonna win it? Go Gut Feeling!

• Australia

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • India

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • West Indies

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
England seems to have the most overrated attack, i mean Plunkett has an average of 35.82 with best figues of 3/24, Anderson has done better but nothing spectacular, so to say that he would get into Aus or SA team anyday, is plain rediculous.

They have a decent attack at best, certainly not at par with that of Aus or SA.

Swervy

International Captain
England seems to have the most overrated attack, i mean Plunkett has an average of 35.82 with best figues of 3/24, Anderson has done better but nothing spectacular, so to say that he would get into Aus or SA team anyday, is plain rediculous.

why...who has actually 'overated' the England one day attack!!???

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If you'd actually seen Plunkett bowl against Australia and NZ you might actually get it, it's like how the Indian bowlers have ok stats then stick them in an ODI final and they're completely useless. Maybe you want to look at Jonathon Lewis' stats and proclaim him as a brilliant bowler even tho he's probably first reserve bowler at the moment? Anderson would easily make the SA team - that should be obvious to anyone.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

IIRC, Flintoff, Lewis and Anderson all average in the mid-20s, which is not too shabby. Plunkett is improving, Panesar has shown promise. Not the best attack no, but considering we had some absolute dirge playing for us just six or seven months ago, it's easy to see why we might get carried away :)

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
If you'd actually seen Plunkett bowl against Australia and NZ you might actually get it, it's like how the Indian bowlers have ok stats then stick them in an ODI final .
Let him play a bit, a player cannot be judge so highly on the basis of his performance of less than a dozen OD matches.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anyone who thinks NZ have a good chance doesn't really know cricket. The mental part of the game is huge in the World Cup, that's why NZ and India have virtually no chance. .
LOL! I think Nz have proven now that they can be mentally tough.

I will say NZ and SA have 5 times the chance of winning the WC then England have.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL! I think Nz have proven now that they can be mentally tough.

I will say NZ and SA have 5 times the chance of winning the WC then England have.
Rubbish, we already knew they could beat Australia B in meaningless games. Where were they in the one that the teams cared about? Oh that's right 0-4.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rubbish, we already knew they could beat Australia B in meaningless games. Where were they in the one that the teams cared about? Oh that's right 0-4.
Who cared about the CB series?? :laugh: I'd much rather NZ have had lost every game in that series (even those to england) and have the momentum and belief that they have now got from the last 3 games. I do agree that they have choked in big games in the past....but does that mean they will ALWAYS be chokers ???

Are you suggesting that those wins mean nothing to the confidence and the belief of the NZ players and that the momentum gained means nothing??

Thinking about it....I suppose its fair enough that you as an english supporter are making those comments given Englands successes as past world cup and ICC champions

The truth of the matter is that you simply have no credibility when commenting about New Zealand because all you have ever done in the 3 years i've been on this forum is put the boot into them and with you I can only assume its something personal.

Finally, given your rational, i assume you give S.A NO chance in this W.C because they have choked in previous world cups too.

Your not a great believer in change are you :laugh:

Last edited: