Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Six reasons as 2 why India will win the cup!!

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Icon14 Six reasons as 2 why India will win the cup!!

Hi guys,
    I'm confident that this time around India will not only reach the final of the cup just like last time around but will also win it, i have several reasons for it.

1, They have the best batting lineup in the world.Guys like Sehwag can be made 2 sit out coz India has blasters liek Uthappa.In contrast Australia seems 2 struggle in the absence of Symonds!What greg seems 2 have done for India, is that by experimenting all these years he seems 2 have found out a replacement player for every position!!

2 They have 2 world class wicketkeeper batsmen in Dhoni and Karthik, most team struugles 2 find one, but India is blessed with 2!! Both of whome are good enough 2 play as just a batsmen!!!

3 They have the best and most varied bowling combination of pace and spin.From the deadly rt hand bowling of Munaf and Sree 2 the awesome left arm swing bowling of Zaheer Khan, the king spin duo of Kumble and Harbhajan.Australia has awesome pace bowling too, but don't have good spinners.SA doesn't have a spinner atall, though has good pacers.

4 The best lower order big hitters in Pathan & Dhoni.

5 Vital experiance of playing world cup by class players like Dada, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Harbhajan,Dravid, Zaheer and Kumble etc.

6 They have the service of the best brain in the history of game in Greg Chappel, Chappel's input will help the team to emerge out as WC champs.

My 15 member World Champion 2007 Squad would be

Uthappa
    Ganguly
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Yuvraj
    Karthk
    Dhoni
    Munaf
    Khan
    Kumble
    Harbhajan

Ajit
    Pathan
    Sehwag
    Sreesanth

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowsThat View Post
    6 They have the service of the best brain in the history of game in Greg Chappel, Chappel's input will help the team to emerge out as WC champs.

The whole post lost any semblance of sense after that ( if it had any before).
    Greg Chappell is an absolute JOKE of a coach...the Indians should do themselves a favour and hire someone who actually knows about coaching after they get bundled out of the world cup.

Oh and have the guts to sack overrated Tendulkar as well !!!!
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Better posted here IMO... and now has been, courtesy of me.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

hopefully nether india or australia will win the cup. they both got 1st and 2nd last time someone like SA or new zland should win

The thread title is hilarious.

He actually typed out the number "six" with letters where it would have been perfectly acceptable (although not preferable to me) to put a number there, but then used "2" to replace the word "to." Where's the consistency? That's all I ask of someone's forum typing - oh and that they don't use rogue apostrophes.
    ~ Cribbage

six reasons india wont win the world cup
    1. england
    2.england
    3.england
    4.england
    5.england
    6. they are crap
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin View Post
    Oh and have the guts to sack overrated Tendulkar as well !!!!
    1. he is one of the greatest batsmen ever in one day history, no way is he overrated
    2. really bad timing with the sacking suggestion, just when he has come out of a prolonged slump and batted himself into reasonably good form....

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowsThat View Post
    2 They have 2 world class wicketkeeper batsmen in Dhoni and Karthik, most team struugles 2 find one, but India is blessed with 2!! Both of whome are good enough 2 play as just a batsmen!!!

Since when has Karthik been a 'world class' wicket keeper? Even Dhoni can't be classed as one yet.

And Pathan has to do a lot of hitting to make up for the fact he can't bowl, and Mike Hussey may have something to say about that mantle being given to Pathan/Dhoni.

I see the blind patriots are crawling out of their holes again..
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Fairly certain this thread is one big joke.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Mike Hussey may have something to say about that mantle being given to Pathan/Dhoni.
    Hussey's not even the best lower-order hitter in his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Along the lines of this

(None of what he says is untrue, but the central conclusion certainly is)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Certainly is. Good competition from another post though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammay123 View Post
    six reasons india wont win the world cup
    1. england
    2.england
    3.england
    4.england
    5.england
    6. they are crap

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The thread title is hilarious.

He actually typed out the number "six" with letters where it would have been perfectly acceptable (although not preferable to me) to put a number there, but then used "2" to replace the word "to." Where's the consistency? That's all I ask of someone's forum typing - oh and that they don't use rogue apostrophes.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    I'm confident that this time around India will not only reach the final of the cup just like last time around but will also win it, i have several reasons for it.

1, They have the best batting lineup in the world.Guys like Sehwag can be made 2 sit out coz India has blasters liek Uthappa.In contrast Australia seems 2 struggle in the absence of Symonds!What greg seems 2 have done for India, is that by experimenting all these years he seems 2 have found out a replacement player for every position!!
    Maybe they have the best batting line-up on paper, but really it's not that good. Tendulkar, Dravid and Yuvraj are all class acts but guys like Sehwag, Uthappa, Karthik are definately not.

\\

Neither is a "world class" wicket keeper batsmen although Dhoni is getting close. The idea of playing Karthik as a pure batsmen is ridiculous in my eyes.

3 They have the best and most varied bowling combination of pace and spin.From the deadly rt hand bowling of Munaf and Sree 2 the awesome left arm swing bowling of Zaheer Khan, the king spin duo of Kumble and Harbhajan.Australia has awesome pace bowling too, but don't have good spinners.SA doesn't have a spinner atall, though has good pacers.
    Australia have Brad Hogg and South Africa don't really need a spinner.

Oram and McCullum? Hussey? Afridi and Razzaq?

5 Vital experiance of playing world cup by class players like Dada, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Harbhajan,Dravid, Zaheer and Kumble etc.
    That's a very fair point, India do have a nice mix of experience and youth.

Blowing his horn a bit there aren't you?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information